book: What the Bible Really Teaches - help

by found-my-way 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The Bible Teach book, as JWs call it, was released in 2005. I have found it to be very practical and up-to-date, personally. It helped me see Jehovah and His ways and purposes more in my everyday life. It has also helped me with dealing with others who do not share my beliefs in a more respectful, encouraging way.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Thank you Atlantis and to everyone else who responded

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I probably wont be able to stomach the first few pages

I doubt I'd be able to stomach the first page. If you've studied before, I doubt you'll find any fresh ideas in there

• mia_b
    mia_b

ah, thats y iv never heard of it - released in 2005. cool bananas, i wasnt going anymore at that point. the fact that the awake went from fortnight to monthly totally passed me by too :D

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

lol Mia,

that's why I hadnt heard of it either, the title had a familiar ring to it, but i couldnt remember it....no surprise since it was released after i stopped going....

ok people... think Matrix for a minute here

take the blue pill and wake up not knowing anything different, or do i take the red pill and go down the rabbit's hole to find the truth.

I could immerse myself in the book, and use my trusty old congnitive dissonance to lull me back into a JW trance again.....good ol' denial.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    good ol' denial.

It's not just a river in Egypt,......:-)

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

You can find a refutation of that book here:

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/whatbibleteaches.doc

Randy

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

What, then, [is the case]? If some did not express faith, will their lack of faith perhaps make the faithfulness of God without effect? Never may that happen! But let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, even as it is written: "That you might be proved righteous in your words and might win when you are being judged." — Romans 3:3-4

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Hi Fred,

Welcome to the JWD forum,

I hope you are not saying that I claim to have faith (I do not) and I hope the scripture you quoted isn't refering to me claiming to be righteous (as I am a sinner, not a righteous person)

If you are under the mistaken impression that I am an active JW, please be assured that I am not.

Just curious as to what your point was

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

oh never mind, i finally understood the point of that scripture

hahahhaa

nice

it is true, i am a faithless, worthless person Fred, thanks for pointing that out.

Dontya feel the love? i feeeeeeel the love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit