book: What the Bible Really Teaches - help

by found-my-way 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Foundmyway:

Im currently studying this book. Its the second time around with this witness. The first time was the magazine" what God requires" This book seems to be a little more subtle in the doctrine. But the false teachings are still very obvious.

Its very basic stuff. So refutation is still the same. They have no answer for what came down from heaven. And no answer for what Christ created and what Jehovah created. This is my third study and the common thread is I keep getting different answers for the same problems, which indicates the Jw really is not clear on how to handle questions that take them out of there comfort zone.

Which to me is the best way to make the witness think.

EW

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    the title had a familiar ring to it

Of course it did, and so will the "information" in it.

It will be just the same information, repackaged a litle. that the
    watchtower have been churning out for as long as any of us can
    remember.

They never had much to say that was worth hearing anyway, so
    studying this book won't give you a new perspective on what you
    once learned. All you'll get is a repeat of whatever book you
    studied when you were younger, with a differrent title.

dedpoet

• found-my-way
    found-my-way
    It's not just a river in Egypt,......:-)

LoL Twitch ;-)

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Thanks dedpoet and EW, and everyone else's supportive comments

I was just asking since a family member is pressuring me to study it with a sister so that I may come back into their good graces again....if I do study it, then they will consider talking to me again, and having me back into their lives...bribery or blackmail, i cant tell which this is...

i just wanted to see what this book was about.....and you guys are right, I cant stand even reading past the first page.... OK, wow, this book was written for grade 3's. I am insulted that she thinks that I have fogotten all the simplistic JW dogma that I was ever taught!

wow...just sitting here lookin at my screen dumbfounded....she must think I'm AN IDIOT!?

• pixel
    pixel

That's a really easy book. Sometimes it falls into the ABC lessons that you received at school. It was made for an illiterate person - my personal view.

• sir82
    sir82
    It was made for an illiterate person

Exactly!

This book is a recruiting tool. It is more than obvious that virtaully all future growth will come from 3rd world countries or immigrants from 3rd world countries, persons with no (or virtually no) formal education, and who do not or have not lived in an area with easy internet access. The recruitng tools from here on out will continue to be dumbed down, written on a 2nd or 3rd grade level with lots of pretty pictures, to appeal to such persons.

These books are initially written in English of course, but written in such a way that it will be easy to translate into Urdu or Solomonese or Yapese or whatever.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Hi, found-my-way. I'd like to suggest some alternatives to the Teach Book drivel:

Why not ask them to conduct the study using the Bible alone? I have yet to meet a Witness who is willing to or capable of doing so. Just reading a scripture in its own context throws them in a tizzy. They have a habit of running to the Library CD for non-scriptural answers, too, so ask them to stick with the Bible only, as God's Inspired Word and final authority.

(That was the beginning of the end of my last study.)

Or, take another tack: You might suggest a study review of the Watchtower back-issues from the time you left to the present, so as to catch up, of course... "Oh my, I missed SO much while I was away..." You can then share salient points from Blondie's hard-hitting "Comments You Won't Hear" series. She's created a goldmine here.

If they insist on using one of the books, then "Draw Close to Jehovah" is the least barfy, IMHO.

~Sue

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Hi Sue,

Your comments were very helpful. I doubt they would even consider studying the Bible only. I'd love to discuss the book of Luke, He's my favourite.

this book, What the Witnesses Want You to Believe What the Bible Teaches - has my family member even READ it???? I am neither illiterate, nor am I only 7 years old...Im still mad that she thought I would need to study it, as if I was completely ignorant of JW dogma.

your comment about the Draw Close to God book hit me, because I was going to post a comment on another thread about that book being one of the only JW publications that I actually enjoyed reading.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

That would be great for the board to discuss the book of Luke and the Draw Close book. I'm all for it. Why not start a new Subject for them. I for one would really enjoy that. It would be a nice change.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I really don't understand why they always want to make you study their publications if you are inactive or weak, i had about 8 studies in 13 yrs and it was just going over the same old rubbish each time, i felt like saying - i know all this already hows that gonna help?!Personally i think its a ploy to get their hours up, people always seemed to offer to study with me just when they were about to start pioneering! That book was actually the last one i studied, i think it helped me on my way out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit