Anyone Remember me?

by ScoobySnax 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Mouthy, what Outlaw was saying is that they changed the meaning of this "Generation of 1914" from a literal one to a symbolic one. This was what the basis of my testimony at the WNFJ conference was about. All of my life I was taught that Armageddon would happen within the lifetime of that generation. The WT Society switched tactics in 1995 when they revised the generation teaching, surely this is nothing new to you, right?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Scooby, I too thought of the same things your new friend asked you. When I first read your posts, I couldnt make sense as to why a gay man wouldnt celebrate Christmas, yet had no problem with the homosexuality aspect. that was why I kinda felt compelled to argue with you before. Judging by your posts you seemed to be at ease accepting your sexuality, which was in direct opposition to what the JW religion taught you, yet you always seemed to want to defend the JW religion. I couldnt make sense of you as a poster and that is why I just never had much dialogue with you on here.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Scooby - Scotty - Snax, Good for you! Nothing like growing close to a loved one.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I remember all the good times, all the lovely people, all the outings, all the conventions, all the times I felt I belonged.

That all happened because PEOPLE are good, not a religion. After leaving the Watchtower, I discovered that most people are really, really good folks. "Worldly" people were portrayed as back-stabbing drug-dealing lunatics, and when we brushed against a decent one, we'd say, "He ought to be a Witness"! Turns out, they're almost all "decent ones".

Go live your life, free of the past and man-made religion. Congrats on finding someone that makes you happy!

Dave

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

So something has to give. and for once, I can't lose Nick, this new bloke in my life. I have to let go painfully to the past. And that is something I wanted to share.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Scoobysnax, you mentioned that 'it is what made me,-me" are you saying that maybe your involvement in the JW religion pushed you toward homosexuality, and that you are comfortable with that, and wouldnt want to change it?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scotty..It sounds like your happy..You would`nt be happy as a JW..You would have to give up anyone you cared for..You only have so many years to enjoy life..There won`t be any Gay People in the new system.They will be destroyed with the rest of the evil people..Scotty are you evil because your Gay?..Of course not.....You can enjoy your life now..Or..Be something your not around people who will hate you...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scotty..Your a Dub Kid..Alot of us are Dub Kids..You don`t have to forget the good times..You do have to see the WBT$ for what it is though..It may be painfull,all the Dub Kids I know took it hard..But it is what it is,you can`t get around it...OUTLAW

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

No of course JW'ism didn't push me to being Gay. The Jury is still out out on that one about what makes someone gay. But it sure is a burden to carry whilst growing up, especially as a JW. Its just for once I don't feel like a "victim" or a burden, or wrong. Just me.......and thats kind of nice.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, I remember you! Welcome back.

Why hang onto religion when it tells you you're bad for loving someone?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Linda..If I remember correctly..At one time BrownBoy thought he was Jesus..A Diana Ross impersonater who`s really Jesus..LOL!!.That guy has been entertaining..Too bad he keeps getting tossed off the board..He just won`t behave..Maybe he`ll last longer on his next go round..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit