Anyone Remember me?

by ScoobySnax 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

It is a good question though if not well put.... I think now that your mind is opening because you have a goal (a guy you want to build a future with) you should really take time to see where this deeper examination of long held concepts takes you. I think its all to do with timing.

No matter how many friends and my boyfriend challenged my beliefs I still believed even though I didnt practice - not feeling worthy. I read Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom when I was about 25. Penny still didnt drop - I still thought well these are a few mistakes but basically they have it right - just like you did. In a world of uncertainty one thing I was certain of it was the truth. I became uncertain when the time was right and that was when I explored my beliefs. And the more I explored with a newly cultivated open mind the more I banished those "so called" certainties as fiction. I still feel pretty stupid for not opening my eyes sooner and would maybe feel a bit defensive if someone called me on it, just like you do.

Keep investigating - question with logic as well as emotion.

So glad you found someone - Nick sounds like a really decent and caring person who really wants to know you and help you become the best person you can be and that folks is as good as it gets!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Mouthy..Oh your a gabber alright!..LOL!!..My comment wasn`t about Jesus..It was about the turn around about "The Generation of 1914 would not pass away"....Everyone trys to make the WBT$ look bad..I`ll bet the generation of 1914 is dieing just to make the WBT$ look bad..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thanks Crumpet, that means so much. And oh EF.....bite me.

• avishai
    avishai

Good for you scooby!!! WB!!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Laughing....... if you ever want a new one Sweetie.........

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Mouthy, you are right, they never chamged that "Jesus came invisible in 1914"teaching, they did change the teaching that the generation was figurative not literal, meaning that Armageddon could be postponed indefinitely. That is why Outlaw said what he did.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scoobysnax, I wasnt trying to be an ass, I was hoping you would give us some insight on my question. I also think your boyfriend has a good point. IF the JW religion were to completely reverse their stand on homosexuality, would you go back? Is their stance on homosexuality the only thing you find wrong with this religion? What about the child molesting? What about the blood issue? What about the shunning? How do you feel about these issues now? Or do you still defend the WT on these subjects?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dont call me an ass just because I want your personal opinion on things.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey mothy,( I know I have a few holes in me BUT) I'm passing through Totnes next week, I'll think of you! ;-)You lucky duck!!!! I wish I was with you ...... could you drop in & get me a dish of Devon Cream please?
    Thanks JGuy. I am going to ignore out_____telling me I am a gabber <<<sticks tongue to him >>>>

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Oh JG, Thanks for your understanding, And I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. The Paedophilia and blood issue is sort of seperate to this post and is not relevant. Of course I have my own views on that, but you are welcome to start a new thread that I'd be glad to contribute to.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Mouthy......Totnes's finest clotted cream scones will never have tasted so good!! and I'll think of you ;-)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

You are right they are separate issues, but seriously though, would you go back if they accepted you as a gay man?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit