Ridiculous teenager counselled at Assembly.

by Duncan 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

That was hilarious! Well written. At the assemblies my mother used to put the songbook to her heart during kingdom melodies she knew, and if it was ever Make the Truth Your Own, she would shed tears of joy. It annoyed the crap out of us kids, so we would mimic her, but she was too busy hugging her songbook to notice.

FBF

• fifi40
    fifi40

We never got counselled for this, but the songbook post reminded me of when one of my brothers and me were kids at the kingdom hall (and I mean we were kids, that found even the most trivial things amusing). Anyway my brother would change the lyrics to the kingdom melodies. So every one else would be singing the words and he would be singing things like "Donald duck, did some muck on the kitchen floor, Daisy duck licked it up, so Donald did some more". Utterly childish I know, but we were kids and I would be beside myself trying not to laugh. Needless to say neither of us are JWs today.

Fi

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

LOL fi!

We used to sing the verses backwards from end to beginning and try to make it synch up.

FBF

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol....Duncan,

Excellent stuff.

Oh, yes. Nodding along, this was important. I was a big nodder at the time.

lol....still grinning.

I was always amazed at the overuse of the words 'fine' and 'grand' at the time, if you recall TR used it obsessively and as he was so well respected everybody followed suit. I remember M? ( used to be in the navy ) little kid telling everybody 'we had a fine day in the Ministry today'. I think he was about three at the time ( the kid, not M?, though sometimes you might wonder ).

When I moved Stateside I thought I had left behind the wonderful world of weird words, but over here everything was 'grand'. We had a 'grand' day in field service. Brother, it would be 'grand' if you parked your car a little closer to the other one. Why don't you fine off.

HS

• minimus
    minimus

Duncan, that was fun! Great writing style! I think I was there!!! If it were years later, I could see them counseling you about high-fiving!

• becca1
    becca1

That was prieceless!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Excellent story, I laughed and nodded.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dobbie I felt for the young Mothers !!!It always bothered me that they didnt announce "lets wait till the very end of the Assembly to clap- as we have many young babies & we want them to sleep while we adults are being fed the "bread" of life...."

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Great story. Thanks for the laugh.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Fantastic story! I know exactly what you are saying.... it was almost competitive.

I love the bit about the 'scouting' procedure. I can imagine how this would go... maybe like a football scout-

"We've been watching you brother, and we have seen you have some great moves. We wondered if you would like to come down to Bethel and try out with us.... we have a few members of the remnant who want to see what you can do..."

Brilliant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit