What Religion Are You?

by choosing life 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Hi there~

Maybe you can guess...

But there's no masjid (mosque) anywhere near where I live so I don't attend congregational prayer and don't really know what it is like yet to be part of a Muslim community (except for online).

I talk a little bit about how and why and such on MySpace.

I've been a Muslim (one who submits to Allah) for a little over 6 months. Before that I considered myself a Christian and attended a nearby Presbyterian church. Very nice folks! Before that I was a solitary eclectic Witch. Before that I was a 4th generation JW. I like to learn and grow...

~Merry

• oldflame
    oldflame

No religion here, just faith. Faith in Christ and thats all I need. Religions burned me out and now I feel free with just the hope of Christ return.

• R.A.W.
    R.A.W.

Acts 17:24,25 God...does not dwell in handmade temples, neither is he attended to by human hands as if he needed anything 1 Cor 3:16 Do you not know that you people are God's temple, and that the spirit of God dwells in you? Matt 18:20 For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in your midst. Religion is manmade. It does not come from God. Men are the leaders in religion. Jesus is the leader or head for real christians. It is all about following Jesus. We need association with other christians. But remember, before you decide to go to a church, think about how it was being a witness. The people made you feel welcome, at least for a while, they made you feel safe and loved, with some faults, but they were human after all. If you go to another church, it will be the same. Don't get tricked into thinking that it's all good. If it's just association with people who believe in Jesus, church will fill that need. If it's true worship, people who produce good fruit, holy spirit directed worship, and honest hearts you want, that can only be found in Jesus and his church. Can you think of any church or religion that Jesus is the head? I can't. Read the scriptures I posted again. Where is Jesus? I suggest meeting with people who can encourage you in Christ. I go to a house on Sunday nights. No doctrine, though they personally do believe in the trinity but it is not taught. We have a meal, communion, worship, sometimes songs, open prayer, and open study of the bible. Everything you could want. Can you find that?

• choosing life
    choosing life

Jeepthing

Did you get my message?

• choosing life
    choosing life

R.A.W.

Good to hear from you. I know that the early Christians met in private homes and I can see the benefit in this. But how do you decide what the Bible actually teaches? Is there someone who takes the lead? What if you see things differently? Is that accepted? How are your meetings doing? I know that I will never take another religion's opinions on the Bible as the truth again. The truth is in the Bible and I understand that Jesus is the word of God or a living example of what God is truly like. I have not thrown away my relationship with God because of the jws. I have had a relationship with him for as long as my memory goes back as a child. But as you know, things are more complicated at present. I hope you and your family are doing well. Keep in touch. I like to read your posts and you know how to reach me.

Choosing Life

• choosing life
    choosing life

Awesome

I work at a Catholic institution. So I deal a lot with nuns and priests. Some are truly great people and a few I would not trust at all. I am sure this is true of all religions. It sounds, though, like you returned to the church of your youth. I am glad you find it fullfilling and I thank you for answering the questions honestly.

I attended a Catholic church off and on as a child. My mother could not decide which religion she liked the best. The thing I liked about Catholic mass was mostly the reverence and ceremony. I can't say I understand a lot of the religion as I never really studied it.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Merry,

You have really been into many different religions. I don't know much about being a Muslim. I have a Koran, but have never really read it. What led you in that direction?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

LDS but never JW

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Baptist

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Freewill Baptist, but dont go as often as I would like due to the distance. I like FWB churches becuase they arent very formal, and they arent rehearsed or coached like the JW's and also alot of churches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit