OutKasted ;-P

by SpaWn of MeDusa 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome SWoMD

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

{{{{{ Welcome to you, Jodie }}}

It's so good to have you join us. We're so sorry to hear what you, your brother and dad have been going through. It's tragic what this so called religion (they're a evil high control cult) has done to so many families. I's amazing how this cult can turn normal decent people into unloving, cold and sometimes hateful people!

Forgive my ignorance ! but are you male or female, I'm assuming that Jodie is the female spelling of the name??

As Kaytee has already said, we were in the Org for over 30 years and are now OAPs, at least you still have some good years ahead of you (and your brother too) don't let them (JWs) get you down. They're not worth the effort. The ones that are losing out are the rest of your family, who are shunning you.

Stay around here, you will get lots of help and it's fun too. There's some very interesting and sometimes very amusing people here.

We really look forward to hearing from you again, when you have some more time.

Please say hello to your Dad and brother too, perhaps they could join us on this forum one day.

Twinkletoes

• SpaWn of MeDusa
    SpaWn of MeDusa

Hi to Everyone !!

This is really kooL !! It's only been a couple of hours since I typed here & to have so many people who know how I feel & to welcome me it's all good !!

MsMcDucket, I'm almost 32... ALMOST...

I have 2 children, my Son Cameron is 10 & my Daughter Alaska is almost 4 !!

For some funny reason I was never disassociated even tho when I left I went overboard doing everything wrong that I could - I guess just trying to fit in somewhere... I kept going to the meetings when I first went to live with Dad because most of them assumed I wouldn't & I didn't want my Dad to get the blame altho after a while I stopped because my so called friends excluded me ( I think in some kind of perverse way to make me go back to live with my Mother... )

I was reading something at another site about when the JW's first started ( BTW over here other kids at school used to derive great pleasure in teasing & calling us Bon Jovi's... ) For some reason I thought " THE TRUTH " had always been around... I didn't think some guy made a whole bunch of crap up & men rallied to his banner... BTW I[ have blonde hair - sometimes it shows... It claims that the JW's were officially founded in 1884 - I want to know more, I want to know as much as I can & in a way I don't want to know because it makes me feel sick to my stomach !! These people really think they are " THE TRUTH " Standing on the outside looking in it's painfully obvious it's BOLLOCKS !!

I can't wait to show my Dad this site - he is a great man !!

Thankyou so much for including me - this is great !!

I can't really describe how I feel... The other few OutKasts I know have wandered around aimlessly trying to make something of their lives, some of them have & some I have no idea but none of us get together & have a yarn, it's kind of like if we ever run into each other we give a respectful knowing glance but never acknowledge our past liasons... I think a lot of it has to do with shame... So yer I feel really happy to have found a whole stack of people just like me : )

Toodles

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Hello Jodie,

A very warm welcome to you Jodie.

Here you will not be treated like an outcast. ‘All that glitters is not gold’; and certainly the JW religion though they claim to be something special, they fail miserably as Christians.

The problem can mainly be traced to the hierarchy of the organization; it is a high control group, often dealing harshly without consideration for individual’s feelings and circumstances.

However as Christians we do not despair, we have the promise of our Lord Jesus who assured us that He will not treat us as outcasts: "

Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and will find refreshment for souls. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light."

Warm Christian love to you, your dad and your brother.

David

• RAF
    RAF

Welcome !!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Welcome to JWD.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Welcome SpaWn of MeDusa, this place is awesome, the people here helped me fight and win against my old JW demons.

*hugs*

Josh

• mia_b
    mia_b

Welcome (((Jodie)))

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A big welcome from another Aussie, Wait till the morning and you will get to know even more people as the Americans wake up.

Standing on the outside looking in it's painfully obvious it's BOLLOCKS !!

I was so devoted, yet now I can see how crazy it all was I can hardly understand anymore how anyone falls for such utter rubbish. You will find researching on these sites will really help you move on.

If you are close to Sydney there will be a meetup with a number former JWs having a BBQ in March. It can be helpful to find there are many people that have similar experiences to your own.

• becca1
    becca1

Welcome!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit