Name 3 reasons for your exit or near exit from the WTS.....................

by RULES & REGULATIONS 38 Replies latest social current

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My main 3 reasons for my near exit from the WTS are:

1. Armageddon is always around the corner.Lies and false promises. ( I'm still waiting )

2. Do more ! More service ! More attendance! Attend more Assemblies ! ( I really can't do any more......honest )

3. The WTS is just a Book publishing corporation and Real Estate business.( Just think how many books they have published and how much Real Estate holdings they have )

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings R&R,

1. hypocrisy

2. nepotism

3. inept men elected as "elders"

Dismembered

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

In the following order:

1. Denigration of Christ
    2. Scholastic dishonesty
    3. Theological ineptitude

Following that was their child abuse policy, the blood policy and their hypocrisy over the United Nations.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

1. no practicle help for normal problems ( just pray more , make more meetings, go in service more.. like that solves anything)

2. being invisible (the big difference between how men and women are treated the lack of love)

3. the generation change and realizing if my grandparents, great grands were brought back to life today their beliefs as a jw would be considred apostate beliefs today because things had changed so much

• Honesty
    Honesty

In the following order:

1. Denigration of Christ
    2. Scholastic dishonesty
    3. Theological ineptitude

Following that was their child abuse policy, the blood policy and their hypocrisy over the United Nations.

I went out for the same reasons as Ross except that Theological ineptitude was up one on the scale and Scholastic dishonesty was a by-product of Denigration of Jesus and Theological ineptitude. Anyway, I'm out, the chains are broken and I have been set free.
  • dedpoet
    dedpoet

The main reason for me leaving was that I didn't believe watchtower doctrine anymore, having read Crisis of Conscience earlier that year (1999, and done some research of my own.

The lack of genuine love and attitude of some of the elders left a lot to be desired, but they were side issues really.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Mine are a little farther down on Maslow's Hierarchy.

1. I wanted to have food in my stomach regularly (instead of pioneering and praying that free manna would rain down on me so I could afford to eat).
    2. I wanted to have medical care sufficient to keep me alive and safe.
    3. I wanted to eliminate depression from my brain (not possible while planning to live with toxic crazy bizarre jws for eternity on an earth devoid of technology).
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

1. Jehovah's Witnesses are not following the Bible correctly.

2. The Governing Body are not God's representatives on earth, they are false prophets.

3. WT organization is a mind-control cult- They tell followers to do as they say in
    all areas of life. They tell members exactly how to believe, what to read or avoid reading,
    what to hate and what to love (and how to do that), how to think (actually- how to avoid
    most thoughts and thinking).

No. 2 was my reason for investigating. No. 1 was my determination early on.
    No. 3. was what I discovered after deciding to get out.

• juni
    juni

1- hypocrisy - try to explain their shit to your kids - you do what we say and not as we do policy which kids see right through.

2- became money hungry- and I'll squeeze this one in too cause it was also very important for me. Do more, be more unless you want to die at God's hand. It literally drove me over the edge.

3- their absurd thinking that there are no innocent children - anyone not a JW is to die.

I could list more, but those are some biggies for me.

Juni

• mama1119
    mama1119

Lack of Love

Elders as Judges arrangment

Inconstistency in teachings

Those are my top three, I could name several more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit