Name 3 reasons for your exit or near exit from the WTS.....................

by RULES & REGULATIONS 38 Replies latest social current

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

1) Cult

2) Abuse

3) Intimidation

• needproof
    needproof

I no longer trusted the WTS after reading CoC and examining the record for myself. No way could they be the faithful slave.

• alphafemale
    alphafemale

1. The presiding overseer in our congregation slandered a close relative of mine. The things he said were vicious, spiteful and wholly untrue but almost all the congregation believed him. My relative was devastated and had a nervous breakdown! 2. When I confronted the overseer, he denied all knowledge and accused me of being the liar. Some of the other elders had been present when the overseer slandered my loved one. They all chose to deny the truth and support their colleague instead of the victim. 3. My relative wrote to the Watchtower Society giving details of what was said, witnesses etc. Their reply, which was addressed to, "Mr" not "Brother", denied there had been any wrongdoing and directed him back to the elders to have his, "thinking straightened out". For various reasons I had been unhappy with the WTBTS for some time. This was the final straw. I couldn't go along with it anymore

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome alphafemale.

Although it wasn't in my top 3, there is the fact that they say there is no
    clergy class, then there is the reality that there are double standards for
    elders and up.

Glad you chimed in.

• inactive in jersey
    inactive in jersey

friend disassociated and they wanted me to shun

all the lies about the dates for the end to come.

pressure, from everyone about everything.

no true friends in youth.

wanted to celebrate christmas

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

1. Deception, false prophecies and hiding their past, which, if I knew, I would never have joined;

2. Lack of love and real brotherhood with the reality of backstabbing, judgmental people;

3. Trying to hold people back by their stand against college and looking down on secular work but all the time looking to exploit people.

There are more reasons but these are the big three for me.

LHG

• mia_b
    mia_b

1. being abused by father and finding he could be an elder again

2. lack of love and no support while my father received lots of support

3. being depressed and never able to do enough (when i said that no matter how i prayed i never felt close to god my sister said i obviously wasnt praying hard enough)

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

1. Never being told vaccinations were forbidden for 30+ years

2. Insane and murderous blood transfusion policy. I remember one comment at a bookstudy which said we should not even lick our finger if we cut it as this is "eating blood". Never mind that Jehovah put natural antibodies in saliva for precisely this purpose!!

3. Lies and hypocrisy and money-hungriness

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

1. Theological dishonesty.

2. Scholastic ineptitude.

3. Favoritism within the BOE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit