Name 3 reasons for your exit or near exit from the WTS.....................

by RULES & REGULATIONS 38 Replies latest social current

• onacruse
    onacruse

1) My experience at Bethel;

2) 1975;

3) 1995.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I've got loads more than three reasons but i guess the main ones are:

1. Wanting my children to be able to grow up as individuals, independent thinkers with freedom of choice

2. My selfish m i l (elders wife) and total lack of interest or concern(even when seriously ill) of her grandchildren and the way she always put my hubby down for being a good provider by doing lots of shifts and not being a ms or elder

3. realising that it was all a load of rubbish and that i didn't have to be scared of them and their bullying tactics anymore.

ps i could go on all night!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

1. I could not stand the nepotistic barbaric (though thinly veiled as loving) God the Watchtower promotes

2. 1995 generation change

3. To find that the Watchtower magazines regularly lie, quote selectively and misquote to support its untruths

• evita
    evita

1. I was bored out of my skull with all the repetetive meetings and studies.
    2. I knew in my gut it wasn't "the truth".
    3. It was making me sick to live with so much guilt, fear, and anxiety.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

1. Fear Of Self

2. Denial Of Self

3. Loss Of Self

Becoming one's imperfect self - gay, straight, crazy, christian or atheist - was not permitted.

How could I truly live without a self?

• Xena
    Xena

1. Realizing the 607 doctrine was wrong

2. Birthdays

3. Hypocrisy

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Just 3? Hypocricy, Lack of Love and False Prophesies.

• zensim
    zensim

Lack of unconditional love

Having kids - somehow a lot of the teachings just didn't sound right coming out of my mouth anymore (this coming from a pioneer) or correlate with other principles I believed in and were teaching them. Actually, main reason was my children - exploring emotional health which led me to No 3 reason ...

Became prepared to take self-education up a notch.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

1. Being counselled about the dangers of my "secular" books on Christianity that were noticed on my bookshelf.

2. Seeing my wife have a breakdown because of the extreme elitism and lack of love among her pioneer partners

3. Realising all the lies I had been fed about my Da'd sister

I could go on and on...

FBF

• evetteto
    evetteto

I've never been part of the jw sect but 3 reason I would never become is:

1. My Relationship with Jesus Christ.

2. Lack of using common sense when a lie is staring you straight in the face.

3. I'll have to also go with lack of love, from the ones I hv personally met.

4. False Prophecies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit