Can Animals Talk?

by metatron 20 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci/tech/3430481.stm?ls

A parrot has some surprizing things to say. Part of my suspicion that consciousness and intelligence is distributed

thru the universe.......

metatron

• Gill
    Gill

Fascinating isn' it Metatron!

Certainly makes me think a lot more about the suffering of animals who are factory farmed and then carted off to the abattoir!!!!

We have a couple of parrots ourselves. We've also had dogs for pets in the past. Communication is NOT limited to just verbal communication as anyone who has had a pet who is demanding something will know!!

• JH
    JH
    The bird, a captive African grey called N'kisi, has a vocabulary of 950 words, and shows signs of a sense of humour.

The JW's would say that it's possessed by the debil !!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

i think animals do have many human characteristics - cats always seem so easily embarrassed. They can definitely communicate - not necessarily speak Englsih though

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Once Rocco, my umbrella cockatoo, was screaming bloody murder, so I went to the cage and stuck my finger in to rub his stomach. He grabbed my finger with his foot, tilted his head and said very softly and clearly, "You're a good bird."

Sometimes I think I'm the one being trained around here.

W

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My ex was a jackass, and he could talk. Does that count??

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    My ex was a jackass, and he could talk. Does that count??

Hee Hawwww Were we married to the same guy lol Cool bird. My cats are pretty smart. But if they start talkin? Im otta here!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

This is creepy, since I'm just reading Michael Crichton's latest book, "Next," and one of the characters is a talking, thinking African gray parrot.

Nina

• skyking
    skyking

When you learn the chimpanzees can talk sign language and even create new words. He have dolphins and many other animals it like this parrot it is true awakening.

• mrsjones5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit