Bracing for 12-16 inches of snow in Indiana

by exwitless 39 Replies latest jw friends

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

i would welcome more snow, all we have is ice. the roads were slush then froze so the roads are a solid sheet of ice, yay! power has been out 3 times today because of the ice.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Sorry to hear about the ice and power outages. We currently have 17" on the ground and 1-3 more are on the way. The drifts are really bad. Everything is closing for tomorrow; we're under a snow emergency. Our blizzard warning will continue until tomorrow a.m. This is definitely a record-breaking blizzard for our area.

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

north-east kansas ended up with 7inches of snow. and the snow drifts up 8 feet. right now our temp is 5 below and wind chill of 24 below. and to think i left tennessee for all this snow. what was i thinking? oh thats right grandma needed me. And the stocking up question I work for Wal-Mart, So I am always in a store. But people get crazy when they are calling for snow.

amanda

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm snowed in today. (This is not my house!)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ok so I called the company and the message said that employees were to come in at 9am. I looked at a weather site for Fort Wayne and it said:

The City of Fort Wayne remains under a snow emergency. Allen County remains under a Level 2 Snow and Ice Emergency. These declarations are in place until further notice.

Non-essential City and County employees should not report to work on Wednesday.

And where I'm at we're under a snow advisory until noon (snow has stopped but because it's cold and windy alot of it is blowing around causing huge drifts). So I left a message for my contact about resecheduling my interview. I'm waiting for her call.

Josie

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I had to come to upstate NY for a meeting in Oneonta NY, wouldn't you know they didn't cancel until I was already close to the town, I live 6 hours south in Western NY, now I am stuck here. OMG there is nothing to do in this hotel room. Oh well I guess there is something to be said for working at home oh yeah in a hotel.

Leslie

• puck
    puck

i'm in buffalo and we've got crazy wind blowing the snow every which way. it's blowing hard enough to force snow through the little gaps in the window frames. guess i'm resealing all the windows today!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah the kids didn't close the garage correctly so we have a little bit blowing in.

Undate on travel to Fort Wayne: just got the call back the interview will be resceduled for next week.

• exwitless
    exwitless

We have a good 19 inches of snow on the ground now. It's bitter cold and windy. Drifts are rediculously high. They've extended our snow emergency until 5 p.m. today. Virtually EVERYTHING is closed-schools, county offices, banks, you name it. The only people out are ones who have a snow plow on their trucks. Even county snow plow trucks are getting stuck. Exwitless.

• rebel8
    rebel8

State of Emergency just declared. Yay! This is going to be another great weekend!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit