Bracing for 12-16 inches of snow in Indiana

by exwitless 39 Replies latest jw friends

• exwitless
    exwitless

A blizzard is heading our way tonight and tomorrow. They've already cancelled schools ahead of time. Good thing I have a huge stash of home made hot chocolate mix!

I feel sorry for those on the east coast. Wow, 6 feet of snow! However, it seems that they are better equipped to handle the snow than we are here as far as having a well organized road crew. In Indiana, it's usually 'Wait till the storm's about over, then we might get out a few trucks'. I'll keep you all posted.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah my kids are excited and hoping for a snow day. I'm just hoping the road will be clear for me to get to my interview in Fort Wayne on Wednesday.

Josie

• exwitless
    exwitless

I don't know, from what they say, Wednesday might be worse than tomorrow because the winds are going to pick up; 40 mph wind=6 foot snow drifts. Good luck on your interview if you get to go. What kind of job are you applying for, if I may ask?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You girls stock up on supplies! Just in case it's really bad.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's a grading postion which I explained at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/128896/1.ashx It's hard to explain sometimes and mostly I get this look from people when I do.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm trying to get hubby to run out to the store, might have to do it myself - we need batteries

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

70 degree's here in Florida tomorrow.

Outaservice

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear EXWITLESS,

HOLY COW!!!! Now thats ALOT OF SNOW!!! I just love the winter!! Be safe, stay warm, and enjoy this beautiful season!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

70 degree's here in Florida tomorrow.

Been there done that

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Chicago is suppose to be dumped on as well. But nothing can be as bad as some people in parts of NY. My heart goes out to those people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit