Crimewatch - LIVE at my flat! & Have you been a victim?

by Crumpet 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LOL Top hat - no surprises there - I'm only suirprised that dee sneakers dee only ting dat vanished - what about dee lime in de coconut?! ;-)

FE203girl - your story about the burglars disdaining your mum's beads reminded me of a few years back when Mr C's car got stolen while we were sleeping (or not sleeping - it was after all in the honeymoon stage of our relationship - sigh). ANyway I was so pleased to see the back of that car as i hated it. Couple of days later it was located in the ghettos of Croydon minus pretty muich everything from trims to wipers to seats - it was obviously wanted for the parts rather than the car. What got my goat was whilst they also took the contents of the car they weren;t interested in my music collection - they clearly went through it but decided the likes of The Divine Comedy and Radiohead were not to their taste!

Oh well we have deduced we that criminals in general arent too keen on quality music or plastic beads!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Crumpet

I'll try answer all your questions. Have lived in SA since I was 8 years old. Unemployment is very high here and theft seems to be directly related to the lack of employment. Also the govenment is very corupt don't know if heard about our Mr Zuma deputy president in a corruption trail, any way it seems to give the impression that crime does pay here in good old SA. The president is not pro active and denies that crime is a problem. Theft is just one issue, child rape and murders are also in the news daily. Law infocement just cannot keep up with the criminals. There's just not enough police. My hubby and I are seriously thinking of getting out. I keep on hopeing things will get better, but now I'm not sure it will. SA is really beautiful though and even with all it's problems it will be a very sad day if we decide to leave.

Mrs Smith

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Crumpet, I would have dropped dead if someone looked in my window at me lol

I have so many it woud take a year to tell you, here are a few

In Fl, I lived in a bad area. One morning about 3 am, I was woken up by a noise in the back yard. I glanced out the window, and noticed my table had been dragged over to the fence, and was lean up against it. Next thing ya know, there is a helicoptor over the house shining a light back there. Come to find out, a guy had excaped from prison, and chose my back yard to hide out!

Here, 2 guys late one night went in my garage, keyed up my van, pushed the 4 wheeler way back into the back yard, and tried to steel it, but it wouldnt start. So then they tried to break in the house, busted a window. I turned on the light, must have scared them off.

Well, talk about dumb, they may have gotten away with it, but one of them had the key to the 4 wheeler in his pocket lol. The other had a large kitchen knife on him.... And if they had gotten in? Scary when your alone with your 3 kids.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Rebel8 - you forgot people dont have guns here - only the criminals and thats only the real hard core ones. Gun crime here is rare enough to make national newspapers when it happens.

I did think it was illegal in London, but was wondering if you could get one anyway!

I had to do a bunch of things when I lived in a bad neighborhood...some ideas for you: switchblade, baseball bat kept by your bed, pepper spray, bars on your windows, stickers by your windows & doors that say you have a security system (even if you don't), loud alarms on your doors/windows (these can be bought pretty cheaply).

Be safe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit