Crimewatch - LIVE at my flat! & Have you been a victim?

by Crumpet 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

A few times. I bought a house in a poorer section of a small village that I lived in and the day we moved in, there was nowhere to put the bbq (it was only a week old), so we set it up on the porch by the back door. This was a small house and I had 2 dogs that barked at every sound they heard plus I always kept the outside light on for security reasons - the next morning the bbq was gone. I called the police who did come and fill out a report but they told me that they would likely never find it - and he told me that my neighbours bbq was also stolen by thieves cutting the chain that it was bolted to. So - dogs and a security light didn't stop these guys.

Another house, great section of town, same village - I was home alone for a week and working the evening shift at a hotel. Crawled into bed at midnight and woke up to a sound at my bedroom window. The dogs started growling, so I got up and looked around but couldn't see anything. Took a walk outside my place to see if there were any signs of someone trying to break in and I found some cigarette butts under my bedroom window. Called the police and spoke to them as I was a bit worried about coming home alone at midnight. They were pretty busy. I got home, went to bed with an axe beside me...fast forward a few hours and I hear a scraping at the window. I grab the axe, yank back the curtain and there's some perv trying to get the screen off - I race to the door, open it and sic the dogs on them. The guy takes off, the dogs take off after the guy and I wait by the door to see who makes it back. The dogs came home safe and sound. sammieswife.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Here's what I will tell you: You look into my place when you are commiting a crime next door, I'll point to the shotgun and wave you in. If you break into my place while I'm there, you will actually get to see if Jesus is really enthroned in heaven, or if hell is really hot.

Warlock

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I had my car broken into a couple of years ago, and had my radio stolen, but no breakins. There is a fair amount of petty crime in this area, and some of our neighbours have had breakins. We have a large dog though, and our windows aren't big enough for even a small man to get through quickly. I think the dog would do anyone trying it a fair amount of damage before they actually got in the flat. We also have alarms on each window which go off at the slightest touch.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The only time I've things stolen from me was when I went on vacation, and told my JW "friends" about it. They stole my videogame and my skateboard.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Warlock............

Here's what I will tell you: You look into my place when you are commiting a crime next door, I'll point to the shotgun and wave you in. If you break into my place while I'm there, you will actually get to see if Jesus is really enthroned in heaven, or if hell is really hot.

Warlock

My sentiments exactly. Besides the 12 gauge shotgun, he could have his choice of a .380 or 38 Special +p.

HappyDad

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Property is a very big issue for you guys in America it seems. Over here I would rather give up my stuff than kill someone so I could keep it - it just isn't worth that much to me. I'm not saying I'd want it nicked - just that I dont have anything worth another human life.

However my life is as important as someone else's and if I was attacked despite relinquishing my property then I would defend myself however much I had to.

Juni - I am so so sorry about your daughter. I can't imagine how tragic this must have been for all of your family.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

hehehe...........my kinda guy!

terri

• frozen one
    frozen one

Yes. I had a visit from a burgler last summer. I posted about it here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/117022/2052703/post.ashx#2052703

Anyway it sucks when trouble makers are about the neighborhood. Do you have anything like Block Clubs or Crime Watch where you live? I would guess most of your neighbors are good people who are sick of thieves and thugs hanging about. Dial up the cops and ask if they have any sort of crime prevention training available. If they do let your neighbors know and set up a meeting. Guns (I have several), mace and/or pepper spray, alarms, etc are all good ideas but getting a group of like minded people together and looking out for each other is a great deterrent to crime. My Block Club swings into action anytime things start getting out of hand and it doesn't take long for the neighborhood to go back to normal. When you contact the police about crime prevention programs ask if certain officers are assigned to your specific neighborhood. Get to know these officers. It is a relationship that comes in handy if something happens.

For personal protection I would suggest purchasing a back saw (http://www.technologystudent.com/equip1/bksaw1.htm) and have it somewhere handy. You can put an incredible hurt on an attacker with a handsaw. Any hardware store or building center will have them in stock.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

A few years back when I was living in an apartment I was caming home from a concert just before 2 am with my roommate and we were walking through the courtyard when we noticed that there were all these police guys dressed in black with guns pulled and helicoptors overhead. It was really crazy and I have no idea what my neighbors were up to but that wasn't a very good neighborhood to say the least. We just went back to the car and took off for awhile because it was scary.

And more recent, my neighbor had a huge swastika painted on their garage and someone wrote in huge letters, "Nazi B*tch", they removed it and this morning there was another HUGE swastika painted on the side of the house in bright red paint. According to the rumors they're going through a divorce. What's really weird is that they are older like maybe in their 60's or so.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Misanthropic - Poland sure is a crazy place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit