THE IMPORTANCE OF HOLDING HANDS!

by Dansk 29 Replies latest social relationships

• Dansk
    Dansk
    My fiance and I always hold hands with interlocking fingers. We go to sleep holding hands too.

Lovely!

sometimes i wake up holding her hand.

Delightful! Ian

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love holding my hubby hand

• scotsman
    scotsman

I'm happy to, but my partner is afraid of us having to deal with hostile reactions.

• juni
    juni

I know the importance of holding hands, but my husband WILL NOT. Says he gets too hot. Yeah right.

He used to at the KH. But now that our marriage is going south........he hasn't for a loooonnnngggg time. Have talked to him about it, but it falls on deaf ears.

I've read this before Ian. Therapist counseled him on it, but he still won't.

Well that's my story..... happy to hear there are men out there who do. This means a lot to a woman!

Juni

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

A PO once told me that holding hands forces chemicals to be exchanged between the hands that causes sexual impulses, so young witnesses who are courting shouldn't hold hands...I'm not kidding. If only he knew about his darling reg. pioneer daughter and her bethelite boyfriend heavily petting eachother with their pants down to their ankles, making out in the woods.

• sir82
    sir82
    A PO once told me that holding hands forces chemicals to be exchanged between the hands that causes sexual impulses

I can top that.

A MS once told me that an elder told him that holding hands is the equivalent of saying "I want to sleep with you". The MS agreed with hm.

• quixote
    quixote

My wife and I hold hands all the time. It does make me feel closer to her. Even when driving I will reach out for her hand and only release it there is a curve ahead which is better managed with two hands on the wheel. LOL

HockyMullet, Sir82... In my congregation it was also frowned upon to hold hands. Young couples who were "getting to know each other" were forbidden to hold hands. Even the engaged to be married couples were counseled on how worldly it was to do this. Sad really.

Quixote

• blondie
    blondie

We sat on the couch and cuddled this morning watching the news. Positive touches make a bad day better. I remember being told that to be emotionally healthy, we need ten hugs a day...a hug is one of those things that you get when you give.

Blondie

• Mystla
    Mystla

Hubby and I hold hands all the time. When we fall asleep at night if we aren't holding hands our feet are entwined or he has an arm around me, or I him. We are very touchy :)

It's harder to hold hands in public, though, as hubby uses a cane and that throws him off a little, so I usually link my arm through his, lightly, so as to not throw off his balance. We hold hands at the movies and in restaraunts, etc.

We've been together for 6 1/2 years now and we grow closer all the time. By this stage in my relationship with my ex we were so far apart we were strangers. I like this marriage better.

Misty

• RAF
    RAF

I'm a cat ... I love every kind of hugs (even more than sex) but it's like their is a time for it ... I can be loving like nobody else but I can be distracted by anything else. So it's not because I do not hold hands or wathever alike that something is wrong ... but still, if something is very wrong I might not be in the mood to hold hands or any kind of hugs, also even if something is wrong I can be in the mood to play the lets forget about it NOW because I want hugs () ... for the same reason I would get into it because I feel that HE needs a hug NOW even if something is wrong ... just because it feels good (but not all the time ... just because I like to be hands free for instance - its warm and stuff so sometimes its like I can't take it anymore - it have nothing to do with my mood - its just a physical need).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit