THE IMPORTANCE OF HOLDING HANDS!

by Dansk 29 Replies latest social relationships

• Dansk
    Dansk

I started a thread A LONG HUG http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/128891/1.ashx which touches on the below, but feel this subject deserves a thread of its own.

A study, highlighted on BBC breakfast news yesterday, acknowledged the importance of holding hands in a relationship, courting or married. It was stated that couples who hold hands in the street are more likely to have a solid relationship - and especially those who interlink their fingers when holding hands as this indicates a desire to be as close to each other as possible. Arm linking is ok, too, but couples who just walk about not holding hands - and this includes married couples - indicates the relationship could be in trouble.

Do you hold hands with your spouse/partner? Or, does he/she prefer not to and would you say this is indicative of trouble in your relationship? Do you link arms? Do you put your arm round your beloved in the street?

Ian- unashamedly a hand-holding, arm-linking romantic

• Clam
    Clam

Hi Ian

Yes! Mrs Clam and I hold hands all the time, unless of course we've had a row.

Clam

PS talking of relationships I was sent this today - I thought you might like it. . .

Friendship between the sexes

Friendship Between Women:

A woman didn't come home one night. The next day she told her
    husband that she had slept over at a friend's house. The man
    called his wife's 10 best friends. None of them knew about it.

Friendship Between Men:
    A man didn't come home one night. The next day he told his
    wife that he had slept over at a friend's house. The woman
    called her husband's 10 best friends. Eight of them confirmed
    that he had slept over, and two claimed that he was still
    there.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey Clam:

Friendship between the sexes

LOL! Or should I say

Ian

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

My fiance and I always hold hands with interlocking fingers. We go to sleep holding hands too.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Ian,

Yes, Trev and I hold hands all the time when we are out together. We will be going shopping tomorrow morning and, no doubt, will be holding hands. It just seems a natural thing for us to do.

• puck
    puck

i'm a big handholder. sometimes it isn't prudent in public, but i do it whenever and wherever i can. sometimes i wake up holding her hand.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My ex and I used to hold hands a lot. Now the only person I "hold hands" with is Rocco, my bird. It must look a little comical, me and my bird sitting on the couch watching TV with him holding one or more of my fingers in his foot.

W

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Do you remember as dubs if you opened your eyes during a prayer at the end of a meeting? the amount of people holding hands? funny that!

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

I'm sure My old man held my wifes hand many times

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Mike and I hold hands every chance we get. He's so sweet that he always holds his hand out for mine whenver I drop his for a second (i.e. to take a picture of something, or get something out of my bag).

~gg/bg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit