THE IMPORTANCE OF HOLDING HANDS!

by Dansk 29 Replies latest social relationships

• Quotes
    Quotes

True story: I was reprimanded by an Elder in August 1989 for holding hands with my wife of 3 months during the meeting.

I was told that is might send the wrong message to the single ones, and make them feel like they are missing out.

Thank you Bro. Dave E, that was the beginning of the end for me!

~Q

• yesidid
    yesidid

We have been married almost fifty years.

Among other things we kiss, cuddle, hug and hold hands.

We hold hands out walking and at home watching TV.

You know what I think is wonderful, it's still exciting for me when we hold hands.

That great electricity is still there, but of course I AM crazy about the guy and if

he doesn't feel the same about me............. he's a brilliant actor......

yesidid

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Wow, what a coincidence. I just heard on the radio yesterday that holding the hand of your spouse reduces stress.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Me and hubby used to always hold hands but nowadays i have noticed that if i try to he drops my hand as soon as can be. I took him to his workplace today and didn't even kiss me goodbye. He denied it when i phoned him up and asked if he did'nt want to b seen with me though. I was told that about hand holding in meetings as well, that it was 'inappropriate' in front of singletons!

• Purza
    Purza
    I just heard on the radio yesterday that holding the hand of your spouse reduces stress.

I read something about this not to long ago somewhere on the internet.

Yes, my husband and I hold hands quite a bit. Just walking into a store or while driving in the car. Its the little things that mean so much in a relationship.

Purza

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

YES!!! I am so happy to say that my beloved husband and I DO hold hands, we are crazy about each other (even though we drive each other crazy) and I have to say that we both LOVE to see a couple walking in public holding hands. We both notice and it delights us. There is something so deeply moving and wonderful about it, when it seems like such a simple thing.

Another funny thing is that my Mom and I used to hold hands in public when I was a young teenager... we got some odd looks, but we were friends and I didn't care.

(Don't worry, Juni... there are lots of people who would love to hold you... including your hand.)

Thanks, Ian.

Baba.

• mia_b
    mia_b

simon and i hold hands all the time and snog in the street. we even hold hands sitting opposite each other in a restaurant.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I had to go to the hospital yesterday for more chemo. We parked our car outside the hospital grounds and took the short walk through the full hospital car park. On the way, Claire slipped her hand into mine, with interlocking fingers!

especially those who interlink their fingers when holding hands as this indicates a desire to be as close to each other as possible.

Can't tell you how much it meant to me. Not a word, just an action - but it conveyed so much. As I said, I'm a big romantic softie!

Ian

• inbyathread
    inbyathread
    simon and i hold hands all the time and snog in the street.

Could you explain 'snog'? I hope it's what the wife and I do.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

It's loving, to me. I would like to hold hands again one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit