Justifying God’s Organization Against All The Facts

by The wanderer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Justifying God’s Organization Against All The Facts

Regardless of how many facts a person has standing against
    the Watchtower Society it is still God’s Organization.

Eyes That Cannot See, Ears That Cannot Hear

My friend knows of the Watchtower’s involvement with
    the United Nations and yet defends the Society.

Perhaps, they made a mistake, so we need to be forgiving
    was the general attitude.

A second web document of evidence about the Society
    and its involvement with politics was met with silence.

Child Molestation

The attitude about the child molestation issue was more or
    less the Society could not legally expose these individuals
    because it would be legally wrong to do so.

So what advice can you offer about this?

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

P. S. I mailed Crisis of Conscience to him on Monday.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

It is so strange that with some people...there is NO reasoning with them. I think that is how mind control works though...further proof that it is a cult.

• zack
    zack

Facts, evidence, the truth: these are not obstacles to the JW mindset. After all, didn't we beleive it all

at one time? Something PERSONAL has to happen to a JW for the fog to clear. Once it clears, even just

a little, then the alarm can go off: DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!! DANGER!!!!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Legally there are differing requirements in different jurisdictions for the elders who have been told of abuse. It isn't the business of the WT to interfere with what a JW parent should do to protect their child through the legal system. In fact, by making such threats, it seems to me that they become complicit in that and esp. any future abuse. I have read and heard of men who have had several separate claims of this made against them where the 2 witness rule is applied to each act, instead of the accumulated evidence being considered for cong. discipline. They are obviously more interested in protecting their own reputation as an organization than they are in protecting the children. Don't JWs even care? How they put the org. ahead of their (collective) children boggles me.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

We all see what we want to see. What we see does not always match the what others see.

We each have to ask ourselves what do we want to see?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wanderer.."Perhaps the WBT$ made a mistake."..A 10 year mistake???..WBT$ disassociated themselves from the United Nations NGO "ONLY" after it had become public knowledge.Then the WBT$ lied about why they joined.....If the average Jehovah`s Witness had been involded in this kind of conduct,would the WBT$ be forgiving?..No!..The offending Jehovah`s Witness would be made an example of.They would be disfellowshiped.They would be shunned.Thier lives would be destroyed.WBT$ would make certain of that!....."It would be legally wrong to expose a chid molester."..Bullsh*t!!..WBT$ claims to have no clergy.Yet,they claim the rights of the clergy.You can`t have it both ways.Hiding child molesters is both Legally and Morally wrong.....WBT$ is corrupt at the highest levels..WBT$ is being exposed..WBT$ dosen`t like that...OUTLAW

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>We all see what we want to see. What we see does not always match the what others see.

So true!

>>We each have to ask ourselves what do we want to see?

Not nearly so easy at it sounds. But also true.

On the "member of the UN" thing -- The Watchtower was inappropriately a member of an organization controlled by Satan (according to them, of course). So they allegedly realized this and quit. Problem solved, right? Except, what if Joe Publisher became a member of the YMCA? Could HE simply quit, and all would be forgiven? No, he would be subjected to a judicial committee. They would not disfellowship him IF he was repentant. How would he demonstrate that repentance? He'd have to admit it, say he was sorry, agree that it was wrong and not to do it again. THEN they would accept him, almost surely with "restrictions". If he held any position in the congregation -- elder, pioneer, etc -- those would be taken away from him.

Where is the Watchtower's evidence of repentance? Did they meet with the JC, and take their licks like Joe? Hardly! They've never even publicly admitted they were ever a member, let alone apologized for it.

By their own standards, the Watchtower is an unrepentant wrongdoer.

Dave of the "can't format to save his life" class

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

2 Thess 2:11,12 11 So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.

Matt 7:1-5 Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; 2 for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU . 3 Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.

James 2:13 13 For the one that does not practice mercy will have [his] judgment without mercy

Hows come it when ever the Society is exposing someone it is for everyones benefit to get out of them but not them, why is it that no one else can be imperfect except them? The measuring stick they have used on others will be used on them according to the JUDGE Christ.

abr

• JimWood
    JimWood

Don't forget the mindset when sex is involved. It shall only be discussed in JC meetings and all questions are for the enjoyment of the men that sit as their judges.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Wanderer,

Ask yourself, when you at your most zealous and committed as a jw, how would you have reacted to negative media articles about the org? I know I would have ignored them, and did so for several years.

We are all aware that there is plenty of damning evidence around nowadays to prove that the wts are far from being the "one true religion" that its followers believe it to be, but that doesn't mean that they will respond to it. If they begin to doubt, as I and many others on this board did, then they will respond, but while they trust the wts, they will keep on following the dictates of the governing body, whatever evidence is presented to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit