I had a 5-minute part tonight! And I got a "G"!

by AlmostAtheist 27 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Congrats AA, that is super, your thread almost had me for the school but laughing is better.

abr

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Thank you! I wish I had a tape of it, but alas.

this is what phones and youtube was invented for

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Super cool, dude.

I know what you mean about "writing" the jokes. It's all in the delivery.
    If a joke is ever in need of an explanation, then it's not funny.

Tell us how it goes next time, too.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Tij thanks for pointing that out - or I would have had to! Well done Dave - that is awesome - we want to hear your ne3xt gig - so get a pal with a phone cam to record it then download to youtube please! We can tell you where to improve and where you are brilliant!

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is cool, expressing all those negative emotions created by the dubs, before so many people, has to be a good way to bring them up to the surface and destroy them

• greendawn
    greendawn

Humour is a great way to reduce stress or inner emotional tension and according to scientists laughing does a great deal of good to the heart. They have to say that stress in the long term is a factor in causing heart problems.

• Rooster
    Rooster

Way cool.. A buckeye..

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good for you Dave, congratulations!!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

That is so GREAT ! Keep it up ! I love going to bars and singing really angry , rock songs ....karoake therapy ! The audience laughs at me just as much as if I were a comedian, does that count ?

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

I've always thought about doing stand up comedy also. Now you really got me thinking about it again. thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit