Bye bye

by Fatfreek 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I just hung up the phone with my golf buddy. His last words were "bye-bye". Mine too.

Then I thought -- that is the way I always conclude my calls.

So -- am I being a sissy? What do you think?

Fats

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

its better than ending phone calls with "love you"

i'd say that to my honey when we'd talk on the phone.... then get calls from telemarketers or whatever... "thanks for calling...love you!" aaaaaargh!!!!

bye bye is fine LOL

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I do it and don't think anything about it, we are creatures of habit. BYE BYE

abr

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't see why that would make you, or him, a sissy. I usually say "bye" just once, but you say it twice. It's just a habit you have got into, nothing more.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If you think that's bad you should hear the things I say to my bird.

Ok, I'm shutting up now.

W

• needproof
    needproof

lol, is this a 'why do I say that' moment?

I remember being a young man and having to deal with a grand elder of 70 years. I had to call him for a lift to the service meeting house, when I called I said 'Colin, how's it going?'... to which he replied 'erm... pardon?'

"oh, why did I have to go and say THAT?!"

• mama1119
    mama1119

I always end phone calls to friends and family with "okay love you bye". Its just habit now.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Well, you ARE a bit old to use "Later!"

Warlock

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

You're not being a sissy. It's "bye bye" not "toodles".

I usually say, "bye" or "adios".

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a standard way of greeting people off. Believe it or not goodbye comes from and is a corruption of "God be with you". At some stage the conversation has to gently end in one way or other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit