Are you a 'Life is Over-rated' or a 'life is what you make it' type person?

by needproof 32 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

Yes restrangled,

The way that those poor people have been treated in Africa and the way that their land has been ransacked is terrible. Although it happens outside of that magnificent continent also.

It could also apply to the millions of working class people in the Western world. What life is there for anybody living below the rate of living?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Both, I guess. Life is overrated, but while you have life, make the best of it if you are able to do so.

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

'What life is there for anybody living below the rate of living?'
    Life then becomes a mere existence. One steps out each day to see what's in the letterbox.

Witchettygrub

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Depends on what time of the month it is.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Life is what you make it. Most people have made their life so little it may very well be overrated. My advice: Make a bigger life for yourself.

My life is not overrated, but it was at one time. I remember. It wasn't so very long ago. I speak from recent experience. Make a bigger life.

• restrangled
    restrangled

NeedProof .....

thanks for starting this thread because the world is filled with garbage and who are we, in the U.S., to ask the question "How to make the best of your life....,its a slap in the face.

None of us have the right to ask that of anyone else on the face of this earth. We cannot even ask it of our own citizens.....look at New Orleans....that was as dark as it gets......!

What we can ask of ourselves: What have I done to contribute to my neighbor or fellow human being?"

Ofcourse the WBTS does not encourage anything of this sort, so we have to fight this mentality as x JWs.

The entire world needs help and we must contribute in every way we can.

r.

• needproof
    needproof

I agree Restrangled,

Our Governments are doing nothing to help. Invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan is not the answer, but I don't want to open that box of tricks now.

• needproof
    needproof

AuldSoul,

How can you tell a Romanian kid living in the sewers to 'make a bigger life for himself'? What could he do to get out of his mess? Steal money? How?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Restrangled, very good reasoning points, in the good ole USA we are just spoiled and when I did and do travel to other parts of the globe and even within parts of the USA, many dont have a chance.

abr

• mia_b
    mia_b

For ME - life is what i make it. but i know that for many people, they can't make anything of life cos they were give a pile of poo to start off with. my husband and i hav no money compared to the rich but loads compared to the poor. we can afford to put food on the table and we had a break at christmas in yorkshire even if that meant we didnt buy each other any presents. hubby is working fulltime and re-training in the evenings with the hope that he can get a better paid job. which i made him do - i said i wouldnt consider having children when he earns less than £13,000 sterling pa. the only charity i giv to at the moment is the NSPCC (national society for the prevention of cruelty to children) which, with my background, is something i feel strongly about. but i will do more when we get ourselves out of debt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit