'THE DAWKINS DELUSION' New book responds to Dawkins 'The God Delusion'

by nicolaou 79 Replies latest social current

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

tetra,

I find it amusing that you direct your comments to me first off in this post, instead of directing them to the person who began the thread.

Anyway, while I agree that man is Lord of the earth, I do not believe man is on the same level in any way as the God who created the whole universe. But for some, the idea that they are Lords of the earth goes straight to their heads. This is the way it is with Dawkins. I know we will disagree on this point but I really do not care, I am entitled to have my own opinion, and you are entitled to yours.

The thing I hate most about Dawkins is his haughty attitude and thinking he is somehow superior to everyone else because of his personal beliefs. Which by the way is the same thing I hate about many of my christian brothers and sisters, who can also sometimes come across as just as haughty and arrogant because they believe that their beliefs are right.

Anyone who starts off by saying that those who do not agree with him are under a "dillusion" is a judgemental and closed minded person to begin with. And if you would note; the author of the book agrees with my opinion of Dawkins as a person. He may be brilliant but is a brillant arse-whole just the same. Good day, Lilly

• skyking
    skyking

Please tetra respond to lilly I am bored I have 3 hours to kick off. Go Colts!!!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hate?

such a strong word. not sure if i can jump on board with that one lilly.

you're entitled to your opinion, and i am entitled to mine. 50/50. equal opinions. no one person's opinion is more probable than the next.

right. that's the politically correct version anyways.

tetra

• ROC
    ROC

TETRA

THIS IS YOUR GOD ROC, BOW DOWN TO ME!!!!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

"hate" the attitude tetra, not the people themselves. Lilly

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

sorry ROC, but gods don't bow down to other gods.

i'm glad to see you're getting the hang of it though.

tetragod

• skyking
    skyking

See time is passing by a little faster now.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dawkins doesn't exist

S

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Tetra, Dawkins sometimes reminds me of the early feminists who worked out that a small voice in the middle of a throng has to shout to be noticed. And, sometimes you need a big ego to carry an unwanted message continually.

The main difficulty with the arguments on both sides is their juxtaposition. Science uses testable scenarios to determine the worth of an argument, while religion uses the ancient teachings
    of mystics as preconditioned fact. I'm not arguing for either here, you know, whatever rocks your boat. But, you can't bring them both to the same table and expect an answer.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Oh MY! The Dawkin worshiper's are crawling out of the woodwork

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit