THE WAGES SIN PAYS

by Dansk 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I know we have discussed Romans 6:7 a number of times here (unfortunately Neo's links above do not work), but it just occurred to me how the addition of "[his]" in the NWT changes the meaning completely (" For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin").

Perry, did it ever occur to you that you might be right about "hell" yet wrong about your (Protestant-Pauline) insurance against it?

Suppose for a moment that the (anti-Pauline) Matthean Jesus has it right:

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?' Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; go away from me, you workers of lawlessness.

Then you might be in for an eternity of hell-and-salvation-by-faith preaching. Why would God care if you chose to be wrong about it?

• Perry
    Perry

Nark,

That bothered me even when I was a JW. That NWT spin on Romans 6:7 certainly makes it look like I can be my own savior once I die. Yet, how could I be my own savior and yet Christ be the Savior? Their primary heresy is that they are the current Messiah or Savior since 1914. This secondary Savior (the self) of Romans 6:7 is just a backup deception in case anyone gets disillusioned with the WT. This way the deceived can believe that they can save themselves when they die.

The actual meaning of that death is to be understood of a spiritual or mystical death, and of persons who are dead to the law, by the body of Christ; dead to sin by the sacrifice and grace of Christ; who are baptized into the death of Christ, and in imitation of him: such are "freed from sin"; not from the being of it; nor from the burden of it; nor from a continual war with it; nor from slips and falls into it; not even freed from it in the most solemn services and acts of religion; but they are freed from the dominion of it, from servitude to it, and also from the guilt of it, and from obligation to punishment on account of it: they are, as it is in the Greek text, and as the Vulgate Latin and Arabic versions read, "justified from sin".

The anti-Pauline Matthian Jesus as you put it is a fiction. What is the will of the Father that Jesus spoke of as being necessary for salvation? Why, coming, listening, and following the Son.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Is your soul (psyche) at rest Narkissos?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Heaven, Hell, all of these things are in the bible. I personally believe in Hell. The WT Society always taught us that Hell wasnt real, but they also taught us so many other things that turned out to be lies. I guess the question is, if Im wrong, then what have I got to lose? and if Im right, what do I have to gain? If the JW view of hell is correct, then it dont matter in the end afterall. If the JW view on hell is wrong, then alot of people will have an eternity to ponder. There are alot of denominations now that are embracing the "separation from God" aspect of Hell, they dont necessarily believe it to be a literal burning fire, but still a conscience existence no doubt. I believe that hell is a real fire burning place. I dont want to go there, and dont wish anyone else either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit