What are your favorite top 5 science fiction movies of all time?

by new boy 52 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

1. War of the Worlds (Gene Barry version)

2. The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

3. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

4. When Worlds Collide (1951)

5. The Thing (1951)

The Andromeda Strain (6)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I just remembered another - The Hand Maids Tale

also The Time Machine - that is a brilliant film and I do mean the original not the Samantha Mumba version.!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

1: Things to Come - even today it still looks futuristic.

2: Forbidden Planet

3: 2010

4: The Terminator

5: Solaris

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Huge Dune fan.

I loved all six books (including the second trilogy) and I enjoyed the film too.

Big Trekky too. Favorites are Wrath of Khan/Search for Spock which was a continuing story. And First Contact.

• Twitch
    Twitch

1) Blade Runner ("quite a thing to live in fear; that's what it means to be a slave")

2) Alien ("jonesy,..jonesy,....")

3) The Matrix ("it is not the spoon that bends,...")

4) The Empire Strikes Back ("i love you" - "i know")

5) Starship Troopers ("you wanna live forever?")

lotsa other classics listed. LOL Logan's Run, Time Bandits, etc

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I recently watched a really good gary Sinise and Madelein Stowe movie based on a Philip K Dick which I really enjoyed.

hey crumpet..i was trying to think of this one earlier...its called - imposter

and yeah T2 was the best of the 3 so far...i saw it 3 times the first week it came out.

and since we are quoting from movies...blade runner - "all those moments will be lost in time..like tears in rain..time to die"

• Quentin
    Quentin
    Omega Man (1971)

"I Am Legend"....can't remeber who wrote it...it was a movie as well, I think, with Vincent Price...memory gets fuzzy past 50..

• JeffT
    JeffT

The first star wars movie was just good fun

I liked Contact, and 2001; although I have to be in the right mood they're abit slow.

Star Treks II and IV best captured the spirit of the series

Independence Day and Armageddon fall into the good fun category as well.

The people who made Starship Troopers should be forced to serve in Iraq until they understand what RAH was talking about. It was one of the worst movies ever made from a book.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

1. Forbidden Planet

2. First men on the moon

3. It ( Terror from beyond Space )

4. War of the Worlds ( Origianal )

5. The Thing ( Remake starring Kurt Russell )

The Claw.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Clam....Yeah, I forgot about those movies...Cushing's wonderful, and they're more exciting and fast-paced, but the Doctor is not an alien timelord, so they're lacking that mystique.

How about Santa Claus Conquers the Martians? MST3K classic!

I also should have mentioned eXistenZ, which I rather liked when it came out (haven't seen it in ages). I also loved The Cube when it came out, but it didn't stand up as well on the second viewing (and the sequel was ridiculous).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit