What are your favorite top 5 science fiction movies of all time?

by new boy 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Actually I was trying to remember the fifth element. Then I reread the posts that's one of my favorites as well.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

1) Strange Days

2) The Matrix (only the first one)

3) Day the Earth Stood Still

4) Back to the Future (I, III)

5) Empire Strikes Back

Two more:

6) Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan

7) Fifth Element

Wish I could put Doctor Who on the list, but that's a TV show....

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey (inevitably)

2. Forbidden Planet

3. Dr Strangelove (or how I stopped worrying & learnt to love the bomb)

4. Star Wars (A New Hope)

5. The Day the Earth Stood Still

Wish I could add Quatermass, though.....

h9k

• free2beme
    free2beme

1. Star Wars 4-6 (1-3 Would not rank in my top 10,000)

2. Aliens

3. Independence Day

4. Close Encounters

5. Matrix

... it is so hard to narrow something like that down. It depends on my mood.

Honorable mention

Fifth Element

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Who can forget our old freind Dr. Who? I used to watch that when I was really young. I loved it, but they took it off the air many years ago. Then in the aftermath, I missed several generations of the episodes. Don't ya just dig that theme song? Thats canadian programming for ya.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I just started watching the new versions of Dr Who on Sci-Fi Channel. I admit, never watched the old ones, but the new ones seem fun. I am still at a loss of grasping the whole story line, and hope to figure it out when I have more time to catch all the episodes.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

That's one of the big reasons I lost interest in it. I'd have to watch cacth up episodes for the next 3years.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The new series is simply fabulous...at least three episodes the last season brought tears to my eyes, really strong stuff. I love the fun writing, strong characters, wonderful score (a score for a TV show!), convincing special effects, it's a great package....plus I loved Billie Piper to death, and still miss Eccleston even tho Tennant is a great Doctor. I got my mom the DVD for the first season and she loves it, and now is letting her friends borrow it as they are getting into it too. I got the second season DVD last week and I must've watched each episode at least three or four times. :) I was disappointed by the Runaway Bride episode (which is on Google Video), and I don't like the silly way K-9 was written out in the Sarah Jane Adventures, so I don't know how the writing in this new season will go, but I have high hopes because it's been such a breathtaking show so far...

My favorite pre-Russell Davies-era Who is Pertwee, second goes to Tom Baker...

• Clam
    Clam
    Wish I could put Doctor Who on the list, but that's a TV show....

Hey Leolaia - surely you've seen the 60s classics Dr Who and the Daleks and Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 AD? I love those films. In fact I've got a poster of the latter here on my office wall. Peter Cushing as the Doctor.

BTW I'd agree with The Day the Earth Stood Still, and add Terminator - The Time Machine - Alien - and Brazil

Klatu Clam Nicto

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Ok this is my top five.

1. Twelve Monkeys
    2. Alien
    3. Star Wars
    4. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    5. 2001: A Space Odyssey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest