Where would we be now if there was never a concept of God?

by dh 55 Replies latest jw friends

• RAF
    RAF

Nic : Who does God need to create him ? Or does your 'logic' not extend that far?

I thought about that a very long time ago (when I was still a JW) cause that question was often raised … And I couldn’t go through the reasoning … something was missing … but lately in regard of what says the bible In saying that God is in everything I can’t see God as I see any material, human or even a spirit, Essence seems to be alive by itself like it have nothing to do with existence.

Essence have a spirit which grow (and that is what actually is telling the bible) in saying that at it’s maturity (his wisdom = the Word/Verb = his talent at its perfection) was ready to create (without it nothing would have come to existence) …

That’s when It’s easier to believe in God than any sort of development by hazard from one cell ( for that cell being that creative it would actually means the same thing if you really think about it = by essence at maturity)

• RAF
    RAF

To be more specific:

I mean what scientists call the big bang from a cell is actually what the bible is saying but as : essence at maturity(looks more reliable as it imply everything in itself – in comparison with a cell with predilection for creation in a process of evolution by hasard) .

• RAF
    RAF

To go further:

So from that the only difference in between unbelievers and believers is:

• I can’t believe in God (the kind of God who should respond to our wills the wayI’m expecting)
    • I can believe in God because anyway there something bigger and it’s all about what we can agree with as being good enough to be understood as God's reason to just do things the way he knows will be relevant.
  • LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Well I'm not sure exactly, but I'm pretty sure there would have never been a holocaust, or nine eleven, or salem witch hunts.

Black slavery would probably have not happened, because nobody would have thought they were cursed. In fact most predudist would not exist. For example when I believed in god I hated homosexuals, that died the moment I became an atheist.

We may even be farther scientifically since there wouldn't have been censorship by the church, and there would probably be no objections to cloning or stem cell research. And stuff like that.

Rulers would not remain rulers if they were incompitent, because nobody would claim they have the 'divine right to rule' or that they had gods backing. There would be no holy wars of any kind.

So... what has religion done to help mankind??? I dunno.

LtCmd.Lore

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think my thoughts as follows fit more in line with how this thread started out, but i'll add it anyway. (Please note that if anybody allready said these things, i'm sorry :( I didn't read through all three pages)

Personally I feel the idea of the human race never colliding with belief in the divine would be a description of a race that is all togeather of another nature. As the basic agreeable premise for this thread stands, we all recognize the fundamental role belief in God(s) and the divine has had in the history of mankind. To assume that this be taken away I feel we would end up with not just an alternate human history, but with the history of a differant kind of race. A race that does not have the same form (desires, emotions, mental makeup) as we have.

As the old phrase goes 'folks is folks'. As much as many would like to disagree, I don't feel this part of us has held up back, but instead as pushed us foward. Ross stated eairler a basic premise of 'standing on the shoulders of those that have come before' and I think it's a fair assesment.

I also think the deeper question in all of this is 'how would mankind have developed without this believe in God and/or the Divine?

How it would have developed opposed to what would have developed seems much more interesting. ;)

• codeblue
    codeblue

DH: well I wouldn't be shunned by my kids.........that's a start.....

(p.s. how ya doing? haven't chatted with you in a while)

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit