Where would we be now if there was never a concept of God?

by dh 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

I know where we'd be:

We'd be BETTER OFF.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Gross world over population caused by us having only a fraction of the deaths otherwise caused by war.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LovesDubs:
    We also have an inate need to blame something. It was difficult to kick the household pet when it was a sabre-toothed tiger. Hence the need was filled and exemplified in: "it was the woman you gave me". This clearly pointing to a mother goddess, as both were getting the blame from a surly Adam who was partial to apple pie.

Now many households have transfered their blame-making "religious devotion" to the doG ~kick... yelp~

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

But if you come home to find the doG sitting next to a pile of poop on your carpet you aren't going to waste your time looking for alternative explanations for your olfactory displeasure. Your suffering is doG's fault!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Non-existant as we need God to create us, Which came first Chicken or Egg?

abr

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Who does God need to create him? Or does your 'logic' not extend that far?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It is called faith, and I do believe that He didn't need a creator because He is the creator. That is what makes Him God.

abr

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

What a completely spurious use of the word 'because'. 'Because' is a conjunction which means 'for the reason that' or 'due to the fact that'.

Now let's see how your argument stacks up; "He didn't need a creator [due to the fact that] He is the creator". If you want to believe that bogus piece of non-reason be my guest!

Nic' (who doesn't need a parent because he is a parent)

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

No offense Nic, I am a Christian not an English Major, this kind of reasoning is what the witnesses do, and what Paul said not to do, fight about words.

If you want to believe that bogus piece of non-reason be my guest!

I will not only be a guest in doing so but hopefully a guest in God's tent. As I struggle with my sins and trying to do my best as a worthless sinner who puts faith in God and the Blood of Christ.

Ps 15:1-5

1 O Jehovah, who will be a guest in your tent?
    Who will reside in your holy mountain?

2 He who is walking faultlessly and practicing righteousness
    And speaking the truth in his heart.

3 He has not slandered with his tongue.
    To his companion he has done nothing bad,
    And no reproach has he taken up against his intimate acquaintance.

4 In his eyes anyone contemptible is certainly rejected,
    But those fearing Jehovah he honors.
    He has sworn to what is bad [for himself], and yet he does not alter.

5 His money he has not given out on interest,
    And a bribe against the innocent one he has not taken.
    He that is doing these things will never be made to totter.

It is called free moral agent, you choose your path and I will choose mine. I wish you the best in your choices!!

abr

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

And I offer you the same good wishes abr, and also respect for your right to choose your own life course. However just because Paul said not to fight about words doesn't mean that anyone should automatically heed that advice. On a discussion board like JWD words are all we have, if they are used incorrectly or without attention to their meaning then discussion becomes confused and distorted.

Words do matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit