Soulmates do you believe in them

by fifi40 41 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

HA! I'll have a drink to that tonight!!

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

No on both counts....You can't love someone you don't know.

• PEC
    PEC

Love at first sight is just sexual attraction, it always fades with time. That is why half of all marriages fail. To me a soulmate is a best friend, someone to share your life, your hopes, your dreams, the good, the bad, an equal partner, never judging, always by your side. I have a soulmate and I am very lucky to have found her.

Philip

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

CBB wrote:

What's sad is when you know you have found someone you could be happy with, but can't because of something stupid. (At least I think so)

That's for sure!

Anyway, I don't believe in love at first sight or one soulmate. There are many people who we may be compatible with.

FreeChick

• RAF
    RAF

PEC : Love at first sight is just sexual attraction, it always fades with time

It doesn't seemed to be always true ... some couples who is telling they got together from first sight are still together ... so there might be something.

The one I fall in love with at first sight and stayed with him 11 years had actually the same chilwood that I got (in lots of aspects - and a book I read was telling about the fact that it could be a factor of chemistry) he was fat and kind of uggly (so I don't think it was related to sexual attraction for me) ... the thing is that 4 month later he had lost lots of weight and was looking like Marlon Brando ...

• new boy
    new boy

Soul mates is a broad term......

If you mean that there are people in your life you have agreed to do certain things with them ( before you incarnate), then, yes there are soul mates................but it doesn't mean it going to be fun all the time, soul mates can be in your life to push your buttons too. ....and sometimes even make life a living hell.

A great read Caroline Myss "Sacred Contracts"

Can you meet someone and have and "instant connection" with them? You bet!........and many call this love at first sight.........but really its reconition at first sight..........."Its like WOW I know this person" The truth is you really do!.......... Just not this life...........And yes we have many soul mates......they come and go out of our lifes..........some for just a day some for years!

Great post by RAF, DAMS & XENA

• kristyann
    kristyann

I don't really believe in love at first sight... at least, I don't think so. I believe that it is probably just attraction. However, I do believe in soul mates. I know what I believe is contrary to what a lot of people on here believe, but I think that soul mates do exist. I think that when you're really in love, it's meant to be... that God created that one person just for you and created you for only him (or her). I mean, sure, you could be COMPATIBLE or get along well with lots of people, but I do believe in "meant to be." I suppose that I am a romantic at heart, but I believe it's true.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yes to #1, rare...but happens. Not necessairily "lust in first sight," IMHO.

#2...I think so, and also think there can be more than one...God I hope so.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

This can apply to us women, too, not just the men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Just Talkin' 'Bout Tonight Lyrics

Send Toby Keith polyphonic ringtone to your cell phone

(Toby Keith/S.Emerick)

Well, I'm not talkin bout locking down forever, baby.
    That would be too demanding.
    I'm just talkin bout two lonely people
    who might reach a little understanding.
    I'm not talkin bout knocking out heaven
    with whether we're wrong or we're right.
    I'm not talkin bout hooking up and hanging out.
    I'm just talkin bout tonight.
    You were sitting on your bar stool
    talking to some fool who
    didn't have a clue.
    I guess he couldn't see
    you were looking right at me
    cause I was looking at you too.
    Then it's "do you wanna dance",
    "have we ever met"
    You said "hold your horses boy
    I ain't that easy to get"

I'm not talkin bout hooking up and hanging out.
    I'm just talkin bout tonight.

She said "I only take it slow.
    By now you oughta know
    that I ain't digging this.
    If we can start as friends
    the weekend just might end
    with a little kiss."
    She said "I'm a lady looking
    for a man in my life
    who will make a good husband.
    I'll make a good wife."
    Heeheeeasy now.

See, I'm not talkin bout hooking up and hanging out.
    I'm just talkin bout tonight.Yeah, I'm just talkin bout a little bit later tonight.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

The chemical in our brains responsibe for the illusion of social bonding is called oxytocin. It is an evolutionary trick designed for the survival of our species. Marriage is a creation of our doing for the benefit of the children when the effects of the oxytocin wear off. There is no such thing as compatibility. Even my brothers who are identical twins are like night and day, but it is as close as you can get to the real meaning of soulmate. It is like having a built in freind for life in some cases. Sorry to disappoint.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit