Soulmates do you believe in them

by fifi40 41 Replies latest jw friends

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I have experienced a "premonition at first sight"--if that makes any sense.

For me, it's not possible to LOVE someone you've just met. However, I did have a "feeling" that I would marry my ex the minute we met.

I didn't know him at all, but I knew we'd wind up getting married.

Soulmates? No, we divorced after a few years when I broke away from the cult and he stayed active in it.

YC

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Love at first site. Most assuredly. Now is this the long lasting all encompassing kind that will always be...that is too iffy. But I believe you can be endeared to someone from the first time they do that anything small that catches your fancy. Now how well you nurture that initial spark is completely up to you, but I do believe it happens. It has happened with my best girlfriends and I knew from the first time we spent together we would always love each other.

Love at first site with a man. That is where it can get iffy. I think it all depends on the nature of the two people. One has to know how much love they are capeable of I would think to have a good go at it.

Soulmate. I am thinking that this is a tried and true love. Soulmate used to be a term I did not think of in a bad way then everyone started throwing it around like a cliche. I do think that it is possible to have one you love above all others in a different way than you do any other. Not to say it could not happen with multiple people...it just is a huge games of odds and in this life where it is so hard to find one true person to love you...what are the odds first off that you will love them back. Then, what are the odds that the way they love is as deep as yours. What is to say the way they love even if it is with al of the heart is anything acceptable to you. Do you get my meaning? I think the odds alone narrow down the soulmate aspect.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Lumptard that is a scary picture..........eek

• fifi40
    fifi40

I think your life friends are the closest to soul mates. The people whose company you enjoy the most.

Love at first sight is probably lust at first sight; chemicals racing around.

But I think also that once you love someone they have to do some pretty awful things to unlove them. I have been married twice. My first husband drove me to distraction, we were just not on the same wave length intellectually speaking and even though we are friends now he still annoys me a lot of the time. But I still care/love him in a way. But my second husband is a completely different story, we seem to bat from the same base most of the time.

And on this board there are people who I am drawn to, despite not knowing them, because they interest me and stimulate my mind. So I wonder what that is all about.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

1. I believe you can be instantly attracted to someone you are going to eventually fall in genuine love with.
    2. Yes on the soulmate question. I believe, if you are fortunate, you can find someone you have almost everything in common with and either/and/or friend or lover chemistry. A soul mate doesn't have to be the opposite gender or a lover. I have had people tell me their best friends are theire soul mates and I've heard of sibling soul mates and parent/child soulmates and so on.
  • lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No. I do believe that when you know just what you want in a 'best friend' (lack of better words for such a deep relationship), and then that person comes into your life, then you do what it takes to remain in each others' lives.

• hambeak
    hambeak

YES! I and my soulmate were friends first and then became lovers and have been together for almost 21 years.

Yes there have been tears of joy and sorrow as well as misunderstandings but all in all we are totally there for each other NO MATTER WHAT

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Be My Baby Tonight
    by John Michael Montgomery

I know youve heard that worn out line
    About love at first sight
    Well I never knew those words were true
    Till you walked in tonight
    All it took was just one look
    To knock me off my feet
    Im not a man of many words
    So Ill make this short and sweet

Could ya would ya aint ya gonna if I asked you
    Would ya wanna be my baby tonight
    Yeah Id take a chance slow dance make a little romance
    Honey itll be alright
    Girl you got me wishin we were huggin and a kissin and a holdin each other tight
    So could ya would ya aint ya gonna if I asked you

Im not tryin to come on like
    Some rhinestone romeo
    Im a lookin for a whole lot more
    Than a one night rodeo
    What can I do to prove to you
    Im a layin it on the line
    Ill even get down on my knees
    Just to beg you one more time

Girl could ya would ya aint ya gonna if I asked you
    Honey itll be alright
    Girl you got me wishin we were huggin and a kissin and a holdin each other tight

Girl could ya would ya aint ya gonna if I asked you
    Honey itll be alright
    Could ya would ya aint ya gonna if I asked you

• Mary
    Mary
    Do you believe in love at first sight? Do you believe that we have a soulmate? Has any one ever experienced either of them

I have not experienced love at first sight, but I do believe we have a soulmate. Unfortunately, that doesn't guarantee that you're going to end up with them.

• troucul
    troucul

yup...my moms and pops proved it 41 years ago

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit