I ONLY HAD ONE CHOICE - a "poem" by GG/BG (work in progress...???)

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    A very moving poem. I find writing poetry can be quite therapeutic, but I'm not as good at it as you.
    Keep up the good work and take care.
    Love DNC xx

Thanks, DNC. Thanks, J-ex-W, too. Your kind words are very much appreciated, all of you.

• grey matters
    grey matters

That's good stuff. It captures the oppression well.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

GGBG,

That is excellent, you covered everything. There are a few elders who ought to read this section

they drill into your head that you are evil and terrible if you make human mistakes
    until you go to them for help and healing
    and they cut you off from your everyone you know
    make an announcement about your evil unrepentant ways
    and teach everyone around you to shun you and think bad thoughts about you
    then make you jump through hoops for years in order to reinstate your good standing
    all for going to them as shepherds for help
    help for making mistakes
    help for being human

It might make them think about some of the decisions they make.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

That is awesome!! I hope you keep writing!!!!!

shell

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thank you grey matters, thank you fullofdoubtnow, thank you crazyblondeb! Oh man, I was definitely questioning even posting this, and OpenFireGlass talked me into it after I showed it to him. I am very glad I did. (thank you, ofg)

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I enjoyed reading that, it was very good. Thank you for sharing.

• Twitch
    Twitch

i like the form/departure from structure of the words

amplifies what's being said

all so very familiar

Thank you

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Thanks for sharing that, and yeah Sparkplug was right that ending was perfect, I got all goosbumped too.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

thanks for all the kind words!

I liked the departure from form too. I wanted to convey the way it was running around in my brain, and how I felt so overwhelmed and oppressed and like I was a hamster running on a wheel and never getting anywhere, least of all happiness, or any kind of "success" and I was hoping to do that by not using punctuation and just sort of free flowing but sometimes touching on structure and then alleviating from it again.

anyway, thanks for the words, please feel free to offer advice or constructive criticism too. I actually want to be a writer.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I agree with Sparky and Misthang about the ending. To me, the ending reads a bit like an adult Dr. Seuss. And that is high praise, btw; as I think Seuss is brilliant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit