Why Can You See Through the Watchtower While Others Cannot?

by The wanderer 77 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

Many are called few are chosen.

Chance and unforseen circumsances.

You were luck or un-lucky enough to get booted out of your comfort zone.

It's the same reason why people on the inside can't figure out why people don't become JW's

• sandy
    sandy

Fear of the unknown in most cases, in my opinion. What else is out there for the dubs if their religion is not the truth? What would they do with themselves? Fear of life outside the org and fear of losing friends and family, so they stay in denial.

• Anitar
    Anitar

Thank you Willyloman, I thought the analogy made perfect sense.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The truth and honesty that you recently found should give you personal confidence, live off that confidence and you will become a better person.

You will become a better person than any jehovah wittness can ever think of becoming ...........but also realize that freeing yourself from religion is a new responsibilty on you

it's a journey of self improvement

all the best..........

• aniron
    aniron

There are those who just quietly go along with the WT. They have their suspicions or even know something is not right. But it doesn't impinge on their life that much. They go to meetings, do an hour field service each week, no hardship. It may even keep the wife/husband happy. They have a nice circle of friends. Why rock the boat?

Believe me, I know JW's just like that.

• Robert222
    Robert222

Well for me it was a slow process. I can't explain why or how the fog lifted. I asked a family member how the society was different from any other religious "worldly" corporation, with real estate, so forth. My family member just said "oh the society doesn't own any businesses, like stores, etc.". I was stunned by that reply, I wanted to say, isn't it obvious they're just interested in being rich? Isn't that what they accuse the catholics or other religions of? What does the society give back to its people (or anyone?), why is the society rich to begin with? What are their charitable works? I don't recall jesus living in a brooklyn highrise choosing what country he would like to visit, all paid for by other people.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A little story I'd like to relay - back some 30 yrs. ago at the K H that I was attending after the meeting I noticed that a fellow and his wife had just returned back from Bethel.

Well we started to chat about his experiences there and during the end of the conversation he said something weird like, "aw it's just a publishing house don't take it to seriously"

I remember thinking to myself what a very strange thing to say. I was about 16 or 17 at the time and I had been a jw since birth, so this was the weirdness thing I ever heard.

Shortly after that event the fellow and his wife disappeared and I was never to see them again. They were both highly respectably witnesses in the KH he was an elder and she was

a pioneer. So it just goes to show that the perception of what you first believe can certainly change once you go directly to the source.........

• Anitar
    Anitar

Robert and TrueOne, welcome to the forum! Those are some pretty incredible stories. Good point about the GB living in Brooklyn and traveling all over the world at other people's expense.

And I was especially shocked at the elder's comment about life at Bethel. I guess people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Anitar

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

The WTBS workings has been and continues to be one of the ultimate con jobs ever perpetrated upon good hearted people.I saw through it when I discovered, as a young adult, that people will buy anything if it's presented to them in the right way. That's why I didn't buy it.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Just perhaps, GOD did answer our prayers and we SAW the truth and we are now set FREE!!

WE received NEW LIGHT and moved on with our lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit