Thing I LOVE and HATE about living in ENGLAND.

by nicolaou 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I LOVE the ever changing weather

The stubborn nature of the English, Welsh and Scots

Fish and chips in Whitby

You can't get into trouble for Jay Walking

The Greenery

Currys

Attempts to be tolerant and understanding.....up to a point

How the older generation would have and some did, fight to the death against Hitler and the Nazis, even if they had to stand alone

I HATE chav culture

Lack of respect for young people/teenagers....the majority are the salt of the earth!

The confused Police force we have now that do not seem to know the law any more

Litter

Social security benefits for people who do not need it and not enough for those who do

Tax em to death, government policy!

Too lenient on immigration

Totally rubbish public transport system

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I want to visit England

• jinjam
    jinjam

I understand the jade goody bit! but how can you hate cadburys?

oh well everyone to his own taste, by the way i hate dark chocolate, if you ever need some real swiss chocolate which is usually black, give me a shout, i live near a small chocolate factory lol.

• Clam
    Clam

Loves -

Ealing comedies on Sunday afternoons - Old guys dressed in a 3 piece suit, flat cap and watch and chain - Eccentricity - Pork pie with english mustard - Sausage, mash and tinned plum tomatoes - a 99 with a flake - Ditto all the comedians Nico said plus Frankie Howerd, Terry Thomas, Jethro, Kenneth Williams, Fry and Laurie. - English gardens

Hates -

Railway Stations which smell like urinals - Boy Racers - Graffiti - Tescos - Call Centres - Henmania - drunks sitting under cashpoints - media obsession with talentless celebrities - too many laws, too little enforcement - builders with bum cracks who whistle at girls.

Not sure where to put boot fairs

I want to visit England

MrsJones we'd love you to visit.. .

• lowden
    lowden

More Hates

Crrrrraaaazy Congested Roads.

Chelsea Tractors (and very often the stuck-up arses that drive 'em)

Right-On Politically Correct Tossers.

Why we never seem to be able to get things done on time.

The Perculiarly English Snob.

Improperly Poured Guinness.

The Fascination With The UTTERLY Talentless.

Why we run out of water after only 10 days of dry weather.

Litter dropped by walkers on mountain tops.

Could Go On....

More Loves

Fish Finger Butties.

Melanie Sykes

Davina McCall (even though she presents the crappest, most fatuous and inane programme in history)

Ellen Macarthur (simply the greatest Sports Person EVER!!!)

Green Wing

Fawlty Towers and Python

Jackanory, Hectors House, Playaway, Mary, Mungo and Midge, Trumpton, Camberwick Green, Magpie, Rainbow, The Herbs, Michael Bentines Potty Time, Fingerbobs.......

Brass Bands

Peace

Lowden

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Cadbury's chocolate

My Fave.

• ClaireManEater
    ClaireManEater

I love
    My Friends
    The Times
    English tea
    I HATE:
    the weather
    racism
    lack of manners toward women
    the weather

• james_woods
    james_woods

Loved -

Sir Walter Scott's house, Lake Wendemere, Canal boats, Hotel room in Liverpool that looked just like a ship captains cabin, smoked trout, good beer,friendly people in the pubs, tours of Scoth Distelleries.

Not Loved -

Plumbing did not always work, pubs with such low door crossbeams that you knock yourself silly on them going to the head, having to literally beg to get more than one ice cube in your scotch on the rocks.

And especially, arriving at Gatwick from Dallas early on that Sunday morning of the Princesses death and moping around London along with everybody else not knowing exactly what to do.

James (who visited numerous times on business for about 4 or 5 weeks total).

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hmmm, lessee, which category should the following two go in???

• It's England
    • It's full of English people

• lilybird
    lilybird

Well I live in Canada, but I love watching Cornation Street..Best soap ever!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit