How Did/Would You Propose? :)

by GetBusyLiving 39 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

How important do you guys think it is for me to get down on one knee? I admit I'm kind of a softy and a romantic at heart, but the whole down on a knee thing.. what's up with that?? Do you think it's important?

GBL

• puck
    puck

i don't think k. got down on one knee... although he may have. (it was 14 years ago, i can't remember) it wasn't terribly important to me whether he did or not. is she very traditional in that respect? some people *really* like that part of the story: "...and then he got down on one knee..."

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    How important do you guys think it is for me to get down on one knee? I admit I'm kind of a softy and a romantic at heart, but the whole down on a knee thing.. what's up with that?? Do you think it's important?

As long as you're looking directly in her eyes, it doesn't matter if you're standing or not.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Maybe after I ask I'll just explain to her that I would have gotten down on one knee but the tradition has pagan origins and would have upset my Bible trained conscience.

GBL

• RAF
    RAF

Lonelysheep said !

As long as you're looking directly in her eyes, it doesn't matter if you're standing or not.

Yeah ...

GBL,

Maybe after I ask I'll just explain to her that I would have gotten down on one knee but the tradition has pagan origins and would have upset my Bible trained conscience.
    oy oy oy ...
    you are already looking for fals excuse just because you don't feel to get on your knee ...
    What's next? you are kidding right?

Just kidding myself ... I guess you're under pressure ! be yourself (if she loves you everything will be just OK).

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving
    oy oy oy ...
    you are already looking for fals excuse just because you don't feel to get on your knee ...
    What's next? you are kidding right?

Ha ha, yeah its all good RAF.. I'm just playing around. I have a plan. Thanks for all the advice everyone. GBL

• Kudra
    Kudra

Can you burp words and stuff?

After a good night of watching football together and guzzlin beer you should ask her to go get you some pretzles, chug a whole beer and when she comes back in BURP THE WHOLE PROPOSAL. Boy will she ever be impressed. I promise you she will start making some choices about having your children right then and there.

You can't go wrong

:)

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Follow your heart.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So, dude, did ya do it yet?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Congratulations, GBL!

When I proposed to Claire I presented her with a solitary rose, got down on bended knee (where I've been ever since) and popped the question. 28 years and four children later, it was the best thing I ever did.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit