How Did/Would You Propose? :)

by GetBusyLiving 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Congrats!!

Here's how one chap proposed to his girlfriend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syxwkc36jas

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I proposed on the balcony of a beach house in Florida. She said yes but didn't mean it.

I proposed under an oak tree in a local park, after a nice coffee at a local café. She said yes, and we will be celebrating 9 years on May 24, 2007.

I suppose if you limit the study size to just me, you could conclude that coffee and an oak tree is good and a balcony on a beach house in Florida is bad ... but I am not sure whether the manner of proposal has much to do with the longevity of the relationship.

My father informed my mother that he had a field of corn planted and it should be in by November, "So, I figure if you want to get married now is a good time." Believe it or not, my mother wasn't exactly swept away by the romance of it all. They celebrated their 40th in December. I was not invited, but my wife was. How f'd up is that?

I wish you well in your attempt to snag a good one, GBL!

• Jourles
    Jourles

I thought I had it all planned out. I was going to take her with me to work that day and propose. I had the spot located, the ring ready, the stars were aligning, etc. That is, until the weather decided not to cooperate on that PARTICULAR day. At the time, I was a cellsite tech and worked in the high country in Colorado. The spot I had picked out was up on a mountainside that overlooked the Vail/Avon/Beaver Creek valley. It was early October and the Aspen tree colors were in full effect. It was beautiful, until the low clouds moved in. I was dumbfounded. I didn't have a backup plan. Looking back, I should have waited for the weather to clear or done it on another day. But no, Quickdraw Josh decided to just do it, so he proposed to her in a cellsite up on the mountain. How lovely was that?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I sort of like the Jumbo Tron idea at the Hockey game.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Congrats GBL. Let us know what you end up doing.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Congrats Honey!

Well, I would say do it in a private setting, like make her dinner or go out to dinner. If you go out, let the restaurant know you plans they can help you. I have helped many blokes like yourself propose when I worked in a restaurant.

Just get on your knee and say something wonderful.

My husband, not the romantic type...lol - he asked my after a Thursday night meeting(puke) in a ditch, parked in his car. Ahhh the memories.

I am sure, however you propose, she'll say yes! ((((hugs))))

Brooke

p.s. If you need a florist for your wedding, I am available....lol

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey, thanks for all the replies and ideas you guys! By the way LittleToe, congratulations! You are totally a class act, man.

My father informed my mother that he had a field of corn planted and it should be in by November, "So, I figure if you want to get married now is a good time."

OMG, this killed me . My parents proposal was pretty similar.

I'll let all of you know what I end up doing next week.

GBL

• RAF
    RAF

I’m sorry, maybe saying that you have to say something is giving you a job! Here is an example without talking that much … It’s all in the eye and the passion you will put in it that’s it … (it’s all about the feelings at the moment)

This is only an example you'll find your way :

You can just take her hand and look into her eyes in a way she can feel you are going to say something very important, that your life depends on it … (You don’t need words for that)

You also can : Breath in and out, kisses her once, twice, 3 times with more and more passion (and or playing with her fingers it’s like : before you get there you need to feel a bit more confident)

And just add something like : you mean so much to me – I want so much from you – I’m more than ready to give you my life, will you marry me ?

If you are sincere everything will come out just right for her (I guess she knows you by now).

Best wishes !!!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

whyamihere:

My husband, not the romantic type...lol - he asked my after a Thursday night meeting(puke) in a ditch, parked in his car. Ahhh the memories.

I can't believe no one else wanted to know WHAT EXACTLY Brookie and hubby were doing, UNMARRIED, in the DITCH, ALONE! Oh man, you two, naughty childrens! I bet you were comparing meeting notes, huh.

Love~

~GG/BG

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... you've received lots of ideas... and many from those who 'wish' that someone would propose to them like... {fill in the blank}

The way that I proposed to my wife was...

I asked her if she wanted to go to Sonic for Dinner. She said 'yes'. We got there, and both ordered our Kid's Meals - complete with toys.

Afterwards, I went and threw the trash away, and then came back with the ring-box in hand and handing it to her, asked her if she would marry me.

She opened the box, and saw the ring, and said, 'yes!'

We've been married now for... well... a whooping 4.5 months now. *wide grin*

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. We got married in Vegas. Seems that was the easiest to do, since we had both been married before, and didn't want to bother with a 'conventional' wedding.

P.P.S. Not only did my wife get a ring when I proposed... she got a cool toy from Sonic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit