How Did/Would You Propose? :)

by GetBusyLiving 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

She's the one who proposed. I didn't have to do anything.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

How about during the noon break at the district convention, preferably right after the baptism. I think I have seen that at least three times.

• anewme
    anewme

My sweet husband chose the romantic night of the October Full Harvest Moon to take me up to the highest mountain in the area to show me the large full moon. We got out of the car to view it clearly. He got down on his knees, held my hands and asked me to marry him.
    How could I refuse such a romantic sweet proposal?
    I will never forget the moment or the view, or the man!
    He is now Mr. Anewme who continues to teat me like fine china!

Happily Married Anewme

• luna2
    luna2

Congrats, GBL!

I like GG/BG's idea of the proposal part being someplace private...but that's just me. My ex proposed during lunch at a restaurant and then was disappointed that I didn't carry on and cry or something. I just don't do dramatics in public. I'm thankful he didn't put it up on a billboard or something...ugh. At any rate, you know best what your girl would like.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I asked my wife when we were on a ski vacation in Whistler BC. We were having dinner at a Japanese steak house there and I dropped the ring in her glass of wine while she was in the restroom. It was at least 15 minutes before she found it. When the waitress found out she made big announcement to the entire resturant. So much for keeping it quiet and private, but it was really cool.

• juni
    juni

RAF said:

I've realised that what is really moving is not the proposal itself. what is moving is how a guy tells to a girl how much he loves her and why he wants to spend the rest of his life with her ... eddited to add : just before the proposal

I would like that sort of proposal.

Congratulations GBL ! I know you'll do just fine.

Juni

• detective
    detective

My husband, not the romantic type...lol - he asked my after a Thursday night meeting(puke) in a ditch, parked in his car. Ahhh the memories.

Please don't tell us that the song playing on the radio was Meatloaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights"?

• Xena
    Xena

Here's how I did it, recently:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/126361/2235472/post.ashx#2235472

That one worked for me. Congrats GBL

• mama1119
    mama1119

I told my husband when we were getting married, planned it, and he just had to show up. Pretty romantic.

• puck
    puck

my fiance (we didn't end up getting married, but that's another story) took me for a walk and gave me a beautiful card he'd written a poem (of his own) on. the last line was: "will you marry me?" and then he gave me the ring. it was romantic, private, and pretty perfect. too bad i'm gay! it was a great proposal though... and i kept the card (but not the ring.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit