How Did/Would You Propose? :)

by GetBusyLiving 39 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

So I'm going to propose to my girlfriend this weekend! What do you ladies think would be totally romantic? How did you dudes propose? I'm thinking of doing it over the JumboTron at a hockey game..

Kidding! I have some ideas of what would be nice but just curious of what you guys think.

GBL

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Well I think something romantic and cozy at home is always nice...not at a restaurant or a public place where people can stare. Just something between the two of you, candle-lit dinner for two at home with rose petals, maybe overdone though I don't know, but I can't imagine a woman thinking that is not the sweetest thing.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Congratulations, by the way! I think it's more important that you be thoughtful and sincere, then come up with some fantastic hugely original idea. Plus do something that can be easy-going in case something goes awry...

Spontaneous and flexible doesn't necessarily mean no planning. Don't know if this is helpful but it's just a few random thoughts I had in response to your post...

• RAF
    RAF

I've realised that what is really moving is not the proposal itself. what is moving is how a guy tells to a girl how much he loves her and why he wants to spend the rest of his life with her ... eddited to add : just before the proposal

that's the most romantic part of it all and that's when I'm crying (on movies)

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I've realised that what is really moving is not the proposal itself. what is moving is how a guy tells to a girl how much he loves her and why he wants to spend the rest of his life with her ... eddited to add : just before the proposal

that's the most romantic part of it all and that's when I'm crying (on movies)

oooh, RAF is right. i concur.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Is there a special thing you two like doing together? My husband took me camping...since we love to do that.It may not sound super romantic...but it made a great memory and meant a-lot to us.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Here are some ideas I found on the net.

I'm sure she will not be able to resist any one of them.

BTW.... BEST WISHES!!!
    alt

* Tell a friend the harmless little secret about the two of you, and have him pose as a psychic when you dial. Be sure to ask the right personal questions to make it look authentic. Have the psychic predict a diamond in her very near future. Then make your proposal on the spot.

*At a college or professional sporting event (if you both like sports), arrange to have your message displayed on the scoreboard after halftime..."Will you marry me?" Have the diamond ready in a presentation box.

* Arrange to have dinner together at your favorite Chinese restaurant. Have the waiter give her a special fortune cookie with "Will you marry me?" in it. Or you could have it say, "You will receive a diamond in the very near future." And present the diamond in a box.

* During dinner at your favorite restaurant, arrange with the waiter to have the diamond in a box as one of the choices on the dessert tray. Tell her she is the sweetest thing you know and you can't resist her any longer.

* For the chocoholic: Chocolate-dip the diamond box, and put it in the center of a box of chocolates when you are alone for the evening. She will always wonder what's in the largest piece of candy. Pick it up for her and open it with a flair.

*Invite her for some games at home. Use Scrabble letters and spell out "Will you marry me?" Have the diamond close by.

* Create a personal Web page with her name and your proposal with a picture of the diamond in its velvet presentation box, and send her the Web address. Or sit down together to surf for good vacation sites, and visit a site or two before you type in the site address.

* Set a date to go to the movies, then rent ad space for your proposal at your favorite theater. Make sure you have the diamond with you.

*Take her for a surprise picnic at the beach. At the picnic spot, spell out "Marry Me" with stones, flowers or seashells. Put the diamond in her hand when she says yes.

YC

• LittleToe
  • serendipity
    serendipity

Put a little effort into the event, but especially into your little speech.

I like these ideas that YC posted:

* During dinner at your favorite restaurant, arrange with the waiter to have the diamond in a box as one of the choices on the dessert tray. Tell her she is the sweetest thing you know and you can't resist her any longer.

* Create a personal Web page with her name and your proposal with a picture of the diamond in its velvet presentation box, and send her the Web address. Or sit down together to surf for good vacation sites, and visit a site or two before you type in the site address.

* Set a date to go to the movies, then rent ad space for your proposal at your favorite theater. Make sure you have the diamond with you.

*Take her for a surprise picnic at the beach. At the picnic spot, spell out "Marry Me" with stones, flowers or seashells. Put the diamond in her hand when she says yes.
    (My favorite)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

GBL you dirty dogg! ha ha!

congrats bro. she's a gem.

well, after RAF's advice, i don't have much to add. i'm of the opinion that carrying any ring or symbol you have chosen around with you until a really romantic moment presents itself.

good luck,

tetra

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Congratulations, Shel!!

I think it's sweet when it's just the two of you alone together, and you tell her how you feel just before.

"Wanna fly to Vegas and get married?" would work for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit