If you could turn back time, how far would you crank the hands of time?

by avidbiblereader 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya, what outlaw said.

in addition, i am not sure if "time travel" into the past would ever even be possible without extreme paradox occuring.

but i wouldn't change anything.

tetra

• merfi
    merfi

I've thought about this now and then.... I have a lot of different dates that I'd 'go back' to, for different reasons. The main date that I'd go back to would be somewhere in August of 1990. This is when my then-boyfriend, now ex-husband chose me out of two of us that he was 'dating'. Oh I was soooo lucky, the chosen one. It wasn't a good way to start a marriage and obviously his cheating ways didn't end with the 'courtship' phase... I remember during that summer having a conversation with my dad about all this two-timing crap that was happening. He said "a leopard doesn't change its spots" A 21yo know-it-all, I just blew it off. But he was right.

HOWEVER -- if I was to undo all the time in between 1990 and now, yes, I'd undo the JW years, the messed up years of marriage and a lot of turmoil that goes with both of those things, but I'd also not have my three little people, be at the job I love, have the friends I have and be falling all-soul and all-heart in [I haven't said this out loud yet] love with someone who completes my whole life....

So while there are a lot of regrets in the past 15 or so years, there's also a lot of things learned, overcome and enjoyed, and I probably at this point would leave the hands of time right where they're at.

~merfi

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I think if I lived in any other time I would be burned at the stake.

Just a thought.

Baba.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I have read all the posts and the jury is still out on me, it is a tough question, so many good times and yet so many painful and so much hurt. When oh when would I turn it to?

Abandoned, it didn't take but 1 second to see your birth date and to do the math, my heart goes out to. There has been many low points in my life when I thought it would have been better if I had never been born. I hope from the depths of my heart that things look up for you and it gets better. Take care my friend and wishing you the best.

abr

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I would go back to 1995 when my youngest was a baby and my oldest were only 4 and 6-1/2. I loved raising my kids and I miss them being little. And I would have bought stock in some internet companies like yahoo, and google along the way. But my kids are the product of having been and married a JW so I wouldnt undo that and they are growing into some amazing people and I love them dearly. So I will wait a few years and cuddle with my grandchildren and leave sleeping dogs lie. We are more than the product of our parts and I think things happen for a reason in our lives and teach us things.

That being said...2006 was the worst year of my life so far and I was GLAD to see that bitch pass.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm thinking back to the early 1990's when someone offered me stock in a silly idea called "cell phones". Don't remember the company, but had I used that $35000 I spent on a fishing boat on cell phone stocks....... Oh, well, all's well that ends well. carmel

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Abandoned, it didn't take but 1 second to see your birth date and to do the math, my heart goes out to. There has been many low points in my life when I thought it would have been better if I had never been born. I hope from the depths of my heart that things look up for you and it gets better. Take care my friend and wishing you the best.

Thanks buddy. I'm past the danger zone, but man, what a horrible weekend. A lady that I don't even know, whom I'll probably never know in person, provided what pushed me in the other direction.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Abandoned, no problem, that is what being a part of the human family is all about, being kind, taking a moment to help another, I wish everyone here the best, the fact that we are here means we have been through enough. I hope you have a great week and as always lean upon your friends and family here if you need anything. Take care, you would and have done the same already.

abr

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is a very tough question. I would assume it's a one-way push back of
    time, and I would be afraid to mess things up. If I go back, I might lose
    something I have and wind up with something worse.

I am happy with my career and I love my wife. If I go back to High School,
    I could educate myself, provide a better income, and lose the two things
    I am happy with. If I am not to become a JW, then I never met my wife.

Good thing I can't actually do it, so I won't decide.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I'd go back and shoot Abraham.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit