If you could turn back time, how far would you crank the hands of time?

by avidbiblereader 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

How far in your life would you turn back time and why? What would you hope to change?

abr

• zeroday
    zeroday

From a purely historic point of view I would love to have lived in the height of the Roman Empire. A world empire unsurpassed at the height of it's glory. Second choice would be America during the Civil War seeing the turning point in a great nation.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Even if I were to crank it back to my birth with what I now know, it would still most certainly have fallen on deaf ears, and only created consternation, perhaps even making my lot more dificult. If I could be taken away to sensible people, and get over family rejection at a young age I might have had a chance. Circumstance is just as important, as what you know, and how you use your time.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I wouldn't. As much as has happened in my life, and great things in history, I am happy right where I am. To me, right now, is a good place to be.

Of course, two of my children are teenagers, and my tune may change next week. lol

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I wouldn't, as every minute backward is one minute farther from the New Heavens and New Earth.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I would like to go back to the late 20's early 30's and buy up a lot of real estate in the LA/Santa Barbera/Newport Beach corridor.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

41 years 5 months

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Everyone see`s the opportunities of the past..The same opportunities exsist in the present...OUTLAW

• metaspy
    metaspy

May 1, 2001 - it was the start of bad things in my life. if I could go back to then...

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Great question.

I've often thought about that. So many mistakes, so many missed opportunities. I look at it this way: if I'd changed some aspect of my life even one iota, would I have met my wife? Would I have met the friends I so dearly cherish? Would I have written the songs and stories I have shared with those I love? I don't believe in fatalism, but I do believe in the reality that I've created with the people I love. If I want to change something now, I will. I don't want to be in charge of the unknowable. That would take all the fun, mystery, excitement, and challenge out of life. Sure I spend a lot of time on this forum bitching about my upbringing... but to be in control of the past would destroy the one thing I am: Me. I am the sum of my own good and bad decisions. I can't turn back time, and that makes me excited about now.

FBF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit