If you could turn back time, how far would you crank the hands of time?

by avidbiblereader 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I have come to the conclusion that I would not, as hard as some things were to endure, what I have gone through is what has made me, ME. Suffering once is enough, to go through all that time and realize that you may suffer worse would even be worse than the original, besides it would mean posposting the Kingdom for whatever time that I decided to go back to.

abr

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

I have to say that I do have my regrets but overall I am pretty happy. However just for "what if" sake If could I would like to go back to when I was around 14 or 15, around 1997. When I was just about finished with the Knowledge Book and the pressure was on for me to start preaching and all that jazz. I would have said "thanks for studying with me but this religion is not for me and I wish discontinue the study". Hopefully I would have continued living as a free person whose mind and heart wouldn't be locked up in the chains that is the Watchtower.

Well at least that's how I imagine in it.

IW

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

35 years and 2 months. I'm 34 years old, mind you. I'd like to let a different sperm join with the egg and suffer in my stead.

Is that selfish of me, that I'd rather my potential existence got washed down some sewage drain just like the other billions of sperm that didn't make good?

But, here I am. And I am glad I am here, now. Most times. The getting here I wish I could do without. Most times.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Probably about 6 or 7 years..I would have made hubby get a check-up for that dry cough he couldn't get rid of. As it was he was already doomed to die in 2002. A check-up would have let him be here with me now...

For any out there with a persistant problem.. ..please get a chest X ray and all other tests they recommend..for your loved ones you may leave behind! Better be safe than sorry..it's worth the unpleasantness for the moment.

Funny thing is he had an appointment for a insurance check-up but he wanted to do something else so we canceled it.

We also had a Dr look at a suspicious spot that his Dentist had pointed out to him earlier..he said it was nothing! I guess the Dr wasn't as smart as the Dentist! We should have had a second opinion..

And then there was the skin Dr (Osteopatic)that removed some skin tags under hubby's arm.He had a lesion on his face and we asked the Dr to look at it. Well he said it was 'Nothing" but a young Dr that was I guess doing some kind of internship said it looked suspicious to HIM!..The first Dr told him No it didn't..he then proceeded to "freeze" the spot so it would heal and we left... Later I would meet someone who had a sore on his cheek just like hubby's and it was Cancer...luckily he caught it in time and they cut the spot out.

I know hubby's was cancer also..many times Cancer has no typical warning signs..so get all sores that won't heal checked out by a good Dr....not an Osteopath!!!!

Snoozy..who still misses hubby terribly after 4 years almost 5 years next month..2-5-02 And wishes she could turn back the hands of time...

• Saint
    Saint

it makes me sad that people want to go back and wipe themselves out of history. find hope, its there.

I would go back 3 years 7 months and tell myself not to skip the part where we are friends first.

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

I'd go back to the day before I was conceived and punch my dad in the junk.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Another one who'd rather not have been here at all.

But since I am, I don't know what I'd go back and change. A lot of what happened to me wasn't good and I would rather not have gone through it, but then I wouldn't be who I am today otherwise - I might be far worse.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I would have kept everything the same except I would go back to April 1994 and not gotten baptised. That way I could still speak to my parents. All the rest I would keep the cange. ... then i would fast forward to where i am now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit