WTS Has Lost +35% of Elders in US Since 1994????

by Seeker4 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I think it is interesting that my congregation always had less than 100 pubs. but plent of elders. At one time, about 5 or so years ago they were up to 14 elders. Today they have 8 elders, 2 MSs, 0 pioneers and no one with any position is under 45. Not much of a future there.

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

I'm another that was but isn't. I have seen a pretty severe drop in quality the last few years. Mostly lousy public speakers anymore, maybe 15% are good.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I think 15% was probably true all during the time I was in!

S4

• metatron
    metatron

I think you need at least 3 competent elders and one account servant to run a congregation. The trouble is, many elders

are too old, too sick or too inept to accomplish this. My old hall has one capable elder and 4 other guys who are sick,

old or too incompetent to get things done. The congregation is slowly dying. Trouble for the Watchtower Inc will emerge

long before they get down to one elder per hall. I'm also amused by these situations in which congregation splits falter

because one or both halls can't keep attendance up.

metatron

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

In the circuits I was involved with, I know of only two congregations that ever split successfully.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit