WTS Has Lost +35% of Elders in US Since 1994????

by Seeker4 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

At this rate,,there will be "new light" again that each congregation will have only one "congregation servant" like before the 70s.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

That might happen (one Congregational Servant) if things get bad enough. But there won't be enough, if any, brothers to help him. And some CS's will be woefully inadequate and only appointed because there was no one else, unless they use sisters.

This deficit is really good news. It may leave a gaping hole in the WT that will hasten its demise. Maybe not, but I can hope. If people barely stay in and go to meetings and field service when there are ten strong elders, what's going to happen when there are three weak-minded ones who can't cope with their own lives?

I hope this is good news. Isn't that what they claim to preach?

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Gawd..I wish they would have appointed sisters lol I knew a few femaile witnesses that would have made better elders than anyone on the body!

• jam
    jam

valian boy, I was one of those elders in central ok. Early retirement due to panic attacks.Serve between 1983-1986.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

What a good thread. I am enjoying all these stories. When I left there four elders were deleted. Two have died. That was 99/00,

What has never ceased to amaze me that elders in there thritys and fourty are having difficult health problems and yes depression. Most have grey hair before they would normally , and the wives are going crazy when their husbands stay later than the meetings, or they are called to special meetings or the elder gets a call in the middle of the night and these women are so depressed because their husbands are never home to help out to do upkeep on their homes, spend quality time with their children and sister elder is feeling dejected. Or like in our home there was constant fighting because my dad was always away from home on some agenda.

Yes it doesn't suprise me at all to see the ranks falling apart.

As usual Blondie your our little information board. Blueblades I agree to with what you stated.

love Orangefatcat

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yeah, I was one of those pre-1994 elders who left.

I talked with my ex-wife this afternoon. She's still an active-JW, and I mentioned this figure to her, asking what she'd seen in our area. Locally, most of the congregations she knows of are about the same that they have been, though they've got a few really sad excuses for elders!

BUT, she then said she'd heard of congregations outside the area where entire bodies of elders have been removed. She said, "You know there are corrupt elders, and they are getting rid of them." So, with the evidence presented here, it does seem as though, overall, this is true. And thanks for the 12,300 congregations number. That fits exactly with the numbers we're discussing.

S4

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Quoting from Seeker 4:

BUT, she then said she'd heard of congregations outside the area where entire bodies of elders have been removed. She said, "You know there are corrupt elders, and they are getting rid of them."

This is what I call cutting off your nose to spite your face! Ha ha ha! Just let the WTBTS keep deleting entire bodies of elders. That is SO hilarious!

In the congregation I came from, there were several older sisters who ran things in their own groups with no interference from the elders. Either they didn't have the time and energy to deal with these women or they didn't have the cojones - or both. If the absence not only of willing males but also of ANY male bodies from the congregations continues to grow, there won't be anyone left BUT the sisters to run things. What was that scripture - something about the women are a large army... When I was still in I heard stories about several congregations in Domincan Republic and other places in Central and South America where there wasn't a qualified male to run things, so the sisters do it all. I could sure see that happening here in the USA and in Europe - unless the Society wants to put 8 year old boys in charge.

Really, except for that stupid scripture by Paul that "I do not allow a woman to teach" (yeah, right, and what are the so-called demonstrations then, heh?), WHAT authority does the GB have to say that ONLY men can run things when it is crystal clear that both men and women are annointed and will rule as kings and priests?

Well, whatever. The anecdotal evidence I've read here makes it VERY clear that it's just a matter of time before the entire WTBTS house of cards folds in on itself.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The C.O. commented to me, "looks like we are scraping the bottom of the barrel".

To be fair, it's time I (and perhaps some of you) recognize that these men
    are only the "bottom of the barrel" as far as obedient "yes men" go. In
    reality, there are people who are less zealous, have outside hobbies, miss
    meetings or field service for recreation and family and overtime. The only
    thing I see wrong with them is that they think WTS is God's organization and
    they are willing to believe the other men that say they too should be elders.

I not only think it's wonderful that the new type of elder is less effective and
    will not shepherd the flock with the same zeal as elders of old, but I also
    appreciate that these men are actually better "balanced" than the old-style
    elders.

• Gayle
    Gayle

"Balanced" elders soon tho become under the influence of the older totalitarian elders/organization and hence comes the "crises of conscience" or not, but then comes the decision to accept the totalitarian religious rulers who either grate away their genuine love of the people, and/or their health.

• zack
    zack

When you hear of "entire bodies of elders being removed" it is not because of some corruption in the sense of unchristian conduct. It is most likely, and I say this only because of my personal experience, that these bodies of elders do not toe the WTS line. They resist the CO, they refuse to beat young people over things like sports or going to a prom, they will not counsel against college, etc.... They will not send congregation funds to the Branch.

So, the CO's delete them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit