Where exactly is Satan?

by IronClaw 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Nextdoor to me. Calls himself my "Mom".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LittleDrummerboy..Your mom is Satan!..My mom is Satans Mistress!..Are our Moms Gay?!...OUTLAW

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

When I wake in the middle of the night having a panic attack, it's not Satan I'm freaking out about, it's Jehovah.

FBF

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

There are two common beliefs people have as to where Satan is at the moment. Some believe he is still in the vicinity of the earth based upon this text;

Revelation 12:9,10

9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
    "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Christ.
    For the accuser of our brothers,
    who accuses them before our God day and night,
    has been hurled down.

They believe Satan will be thrown into the abyss prior to Christ's literal 1,000 year reign on earth so he will no longer decieve the nations at that time. Others interpret Christ's 1,000 riegn to have begun when all authority in heaven and earth was given to him (Matthew 24:18) which was prior to his ascension to heaven, and these ones therefore believe that Satan is already in the abyss awaiting his total destruction.

Revelation 20:1-3

1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time

so he is either in the vicinity of earth or already in the abyss. It depends on how you interpret the scriptures. Here are other scriptures that show that some Angels who sinned are already in a dark dungeon (abyss?) 2Peter 2:4, Jude 1:6. Peace, Lilly

• searcher
    searcher
    Where exactly is Satan?

God (remember him, the all knowing one?) asks much the same question at the begining of the book of Job.

God: Where have you come from?

Satan: From being on the Earth and walking up and down.

I dont think the book of Job was written in 1914 though

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Thanks Guys

I had fun with this one.

Peace, The Claw

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

lilly...Revelation mentions a specific city on the earth where Satan has made his home. What city is that?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Leolaia...Hi...

is the answer to your question ...Satan's throne is in Pergamos (a fortified tower or castle #'s 4010/4444 in Strongs)

love michelle

• proplog2
    proplog2

Satan is the fourth person of the "quaternity". Carl Jung

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Looking at the way things are in the middle east right now, I'd say he's shacked up in Iraq somewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit