How did the "Truth" set YOU free ?

by JH 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

The bible says that the truth will liberate you or set you free.

The Watchtower applies this to their religion as if their "truth" sets people free.

If that's the case, how were you set free when you became a JW?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I have to say the LIE set me free > the Truth has free me from that lie.But the lie stopped me from smoking,so it was good for some thing. Because I watched my hubby & son die from smoking--- was not a pretty site. But now I have the REAL TRUTH >>>Jesus Christ. I dont have to follow any man at all. I let my "little voice" inside tell me yes, do it or NO dont....So far since I accepted the REAL truth (1989) Has not led me astray I believe that is the HOLY SPIRIt> that little voice -because the Bible says the HOLY SPIRIT will teach you all things....I am still learning but it is WONDERFUL to know I am saved by GRACE no works,,,,,,,,Just faith. Beats getting up every Sat & going in service & after work all day going to Tuesday book study, & Thursdays after work going to the Ministry School, & Sunday going to the Kingdom Hall>>> two buses away... Boy I have really benifitted by first knowing the Lie- then THE TRUTH finding me lost /////

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

The fruits and works of the various brothers and sisters provided the evidence I needed to be FREE. The Elders and the WTB&TS spit in the face of everyone that had or has good intentions and a good heart-felt condition. I better not get started......

KIM

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

It freed me of a lot of my time and money.

FBF

• sf
    sf

Simple. I had to set "the truth" free.

sKally

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The watchtower enslaved me. Learning the truth about the watchtower, and disassociating myself from it, set me free.

• Mad
    Mad

Coming to know Christ and who the True God was, that Hell was the Grave, that the dead were (gasp!) REALLY dead, that there was a REAL Government worth giving your allegiance to, etc., etc. etc. etc.- and experiencing the Holy Spirit ( sorry- no such thing as 'Holy Ghost' or the Easter Bunny!) set me free from SO much, that I have a POWERFUL love of my brotherhood- altho I,too, am ashamed of the mistakes make by the so-called Faithful & Discreet Slave, am proud to be a JW, looking at my Organization as my slave...NOT my leader! Mad

• Vinny
    Vinny

http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/discussion_list.asp?boardID=28082

Come over here Mad, we'd love to have you visit. Practically ALL of us were YOU at one point; trying to prove how wrong the EX-JW's are. But a funny thing happened, nobody was able to deal with the facts as they truly are. Seriously, NOBODY. There have been some very talented and capable Witnesses at the plate. Scholarly JW's too. Each and every one simply struck out. Nobody can deal with what you are about to run into. No kidding. If you are humble in your attempts to prove us wrong, you may actually stick around and learn a few things along the way, and, can make some new decent friends too. Attitude is key though. Many have come in with heels dug in deep only to have their legs torn off. So, I hope you can be respectful and civil toward us all. If you are really happy as a JW, and don't mind your very structured schedule, then I'd suggest you just delete this bookmark, the history and just move on. You can lead an okay life if you agree to accept the whole JW package. Not all is bad, as some like to say. But if you really want the truth about the JW faith and want to examine all things honestly and sincerely, then beware, because your happy and orderly WT world is about to go BOOM. This is not hyperbole. No reason to exaggerate here. You will see for yourself. Just be prepared.

I left one year ago after learning about the complete Watchtower picture; the good, the bad AND yes, there is the UGLY. I was an elder, conducted the T.M.S. and a very devoted, zealous Witness the entire time, almost 16 years baptized. But I finally decided to do what I needed to, and that was to fully examine the blood issue as well as the WT Society as a whole. I formally left less than one year ago. My wife has also faded away nine months ago. This was not easy. But it simply was the only right thing to do here. I'll share more details later, if you want them.

It is no real love of truth if we simply use it to expose the problems with other's belief systems Mad. The true test of our love of truth is when we expose the fallacies of our OWN beliefs. We should not only accept those facts, but also be grateful to be freed from their error. Examining all the facts and demanding some kind of answers is the only fair, reasonable and logical thing to do. Turning a deaf ear to the real facts presented is only fooling one's self in the end.

And who wants to do that?

Feel free to email me privately as well. [email protected]

I wish you well.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

My experience taught me that if Jesus meant anything it was truth in general. After all I was BORN a JW. There was nothing to be freed from. Further that religion enslaved me before I ever had a chance to be free. The truth about the "truth" is what set me free. Thus my handle: truthsetsonefree.

tsof

• Gill
    Gill

Being , or having been a 'born into slavery' JW, I come at this from a slightly different angle.

The Truth in the end was that my Master, the WTBTS was nothing but a money grabbing, cult practising, book publishing company. It had NO TRUTH just a set of lies which it changed regularly to suit itself.

The minute I realised that I felt free, happy, relieved and like a huge rock had been lifted from me.

Still can't get over having wasted nearly forty years of my life worshipping a book publishing company!!! Sort of makes you lose confidence in your own thinking abilities, doesn't it.

But now I am free, except for those painful regrets and can honestly say I am happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit