How did the "Truth" set YOU free ?

by JH 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Confession
    Confession

Mad, it's tough to know where to begin. Let's start here: Do you believe that Jesus is "with" the Watchtower Society--or "where 2 or 3 are gathered" in his name?"

• Mad
    Mad

Liberty wrote:"I am curious as to why you would take the Watch Tower Society's word as truth in regards to these being "the End Times" since you are skeptical of the leadership? My family was recruited in the mid 1960's and we were convinced those were "the End Times", we had slightly older JW friends that had been told in the 1940's that those were "the End Times" and we even had a friend who was very old at the time who had been told that the 1914 era were "the End Times". Most of these folks and their converts are now dead.

To me the term "End Times" starts to loose any meaning when generation after generation grows old and dies years before the End ever comes. The Watch Tower Doctrine of "the End times" and its preaching work is time-proven to be meaningless and false. Traditional Christianity (Christendom to JWs) doesn't make the actual start of the "End times" a doctrinal issue but rather they emphasize leading a Christian life regardless of how near or far the End may be.

JWs are primarily convinced that they have the "Truth" because they think they know how close to the "End" we are and are fulfilling their duty by informing everyone about this yet, they have been proven wrong over and over again. They know NO more than the Churches of Christendom about Bible prophecy, NOT because ex-JWs say so, but because it is time-proven over and over again with each dead generation. There is nothing special about the JW Organization. There is none now nor has there ever been any evidence that they have any special insight or extra inspiration from God, so why is it vitale for anyone to associate themselves with the Organization with such a poor track record?

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

We need to seperate me form the WTBS when answering my questions- because I look at it like I'm a 'hitchhiker' getting a ride with them! We have many things in common- in fact, the most important things- and yet have things that I don't like- such as some of the goofy views on prophecy!

That said, I believe these are the end times (Please Pay Attention!) NOT because of what THEY say- but because of what CHrist says! Two details bond it to our day alone: 1- "Unless those days were cut short- no flesh would be saved!" (Matt 24, NW), and 2- Rev 11 (vs 11?) says God will bring top ruin THOSE RUINING THE EARTH.

Now in our mad efforts to prove ourselves right, we will try to find a meaning we can paste on those words that will match our view....But just LISTEN to what he says... No flesh. RUINING the Earth. Never happened before- would these details have any meaning at all, if the meaning is so generic that it could be true now- and any time in the future?

Mad

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

• Mad
    Mad

Confession wrote:"Mad, it's tough to know where to begin. Let's start here: Do you believe that Jesus is "with" the Watchtower Society--or "where 2 or 3 are gathered" in his name?"

Mad: You KNOW I do; you've been reading my banter!

• Confession
    Confession

Apparent misunderstanding... I was asking who you believe Jesus to be with. Is it the WTS? If so, why have you at least twice used a scripture that teaches Jesus is "where two or three are gathered" in his name? Do you think this must be two or three people associated with the WTS?

• Mad
    Mad

Confession wrote:

Apparent misunderstanding... I was asking who you believe Jesus to be with. Is it the WTS? If so, why have you at least twice used a scripture that teaches Jesus is "where two or three are gathered" in his name? Do you think this must be two or three people associated with the WTS?"

Mad: Jesus was simply encouraging believers to work TOGETHER, C! We both know he will also be with the individual who believes in him!

Mad

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Mad wrote

NOTHING is more important than truth- yet many times it's very painful.

The truest thing said, finding out the truth about "The Truth" was indeed the most painful thing that I have experienced. How do you cope with the realization that you are not going to live forever after all ? and that you have just the normal threescore and ten - and it is three quarters over?

Thank God for JWD (literally)

The question was about that org. setting us free? They say we/they are free from bad habits, bad lifestyle etc- yet so are all "Christians" and right minded Muslims and Hindus's as well . During all those years I felt I was on a treadmill. Every weekday night was either a meeting or preparing for one. Weekends were the ministry . Every bit of free time had to be bought out "Theocratic time" - No fun in that ...

Welcome aboard Mad , we love to discuss these things, a lot more than the brothers at your hall do..Stick around

• daystar
    daystar

The bible says that the truth will liberate you or set you free.

The Watchtower applies this to their religion as if their "truth" sets people free.

If that's the case, how were you set free when you became a JW?

I didn't "become", I was born in.

But the "truth" did set me free. By finding out that so much of what I'd been taught almost from birth was as far from "the truth" as it could be, I was freed.

• Brigid
    Brigid

For those of us born in the collective:

"We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us!"

• Confession
    Confession
    Jesus was simply encouraging believers to work TOGETHER, C!

You're to be commended for your independent thinking, Mad. As you know, the WTS considers any Christian effort other than theirs to be part of Babylon the Great--the wicked world empire of false religion. The last thing they encourage is to "work together" with fellow "believers." In fact you can even be disfellowshipped as an evil apostate for "working together" with them.

We both know he will also be with the individual who believes in him!

More kudos for relying on the Bible--as opposed to the Watchtower Society's teachings...

*** w59 5/1 p. 269 pars. 6-7 Attain Completeness in the New World Society ***

"Christ, the Head, employs the organization that is his body to carry out his assigned work. His orders reach the whole of the organization on earth through the governing body, and on down through the Branches to the congregations. -- 1 Cor. 12:12-18; Matt. 24:45-47. To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him."

• greendawn
    greendawn

Mad, you are holding the JWs in high regard but their doctrinal purity you are refering to is not that important. More important is the existance of love which doesn't exist in the JWs, not any more than in the rest of society. And one would rather be with an org that doesn't seek to rigorously control his/her life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit