Your Feelings On Getting Reinstated For Family Considerations

by minimus 102 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Maybe Gumby was stuck between a rock and a hard place but in the end has done a self-sacrificing thing by putting his love for his family ahead of his own disgust for what he sees is wrong in the organization.

Relationships with family and friends are more important than some crap spouted over the platform and printed in magazines.

He obviously has his own internal defence mechanisms for filtering out the crap. Some are better than others at minimising cognitive dissonance and Gumby has a strong enough mind to do that it seems.

Good on you Gumby and good luck!

• juni
    juni

Hold on a minute Mary before you implode! Take a deep breath. I know how you feel.

Gumbro is reinstated. He's back in. OK, his family got their way w/the first step. You say they know how he feels about things. Why don't THEY NOW (I'm not shouting just emphasizing) out of love for their Dad and husband do what they have to to give him relief. Just give the others excuses. Say, "Well my husband can't be here tonight or whenever because he........". Or, say, " It's a long story I don't care to go into and it is our private business." And let it go at that. He could show up for meetings now and again, but let the rest go.

Anything short of that tells me that all of this is for their own reputations and control. Are these gals women libbers??

Thanks. Had to vent also.

Juni

• Mary
    Mary
    Why don't THEY NOW (I'm not shouting just emphasizing) out of love for their Dad and husband do what they have to to give him relief.

That's a good idea, but who knows if that would ever happen. My point is: he's always told them he would never go out. If he starts going out, then they're going to think they've won yet another round and they're going to continue to chip away at him until he's doing everything he said he never would.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My friend Gumsbleed,

I just heard this terrible, yucky news yesterday...damn. Ya' sure put your foot all the way in it, didn't ya'? This brought tears to my eyes and they weren't happy ones.

However, you know I support you and your very honorable efforts to have some kind of normal relationships with your family. I cannot imagine the price you are paying mentally. When I read about you going golfing with with your grandson, I remember how much associating with my grandchildren means to me, after such a long absence due to shunning. I've worked hard to get to this point and now another daughter is just beginning to show hopeful signs of reconciliation. I have another grandchild I've never seen yet. So, I understand what it feels like to lose it and gain some things back. Having family back in your life is so unbelievably good for the heart.

I hope things work out well for you, Gumby. Just don't underestimate the power of the cult...don't get yourself lost again. I also hope the elders leave you alone -- later, when the opportunity for the fade happens.

Good Luck to ya' good buddy,

Your friend, Rabbit

• deeskis
    deeskis

You know I have always said that I could NEVER go back. But...........being a parent I would do (almost) anything for my kids.

I read Hopie's book http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/23278.ashx It was an inspiring read of a mother getting reinstated. Thankfully in that case it all worked out for the best.

Best wishes Gumby, keep yer pecker up!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

YOU MUST BE JOKING !

• bisous
    bisous

Having had the fun of meeting the Gumball and hanging out a bit ... In answer to your question Mini, my feelings are plain sadness. Just makes me sad inside. Whatever the fellow chooses to do, I support him by-Gum ... but it makes me so sad. ((((( Gumby ))))

And if it were I, I'd feel like I were dying inside. truly. :-(

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

To each his own and I respect Gumby for putting his family first. Putting them before their religion, before his lack of belief in their religion.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

In fact I wish I loved the family I have in enough to do what Gumby did. I don't. I'm jealous of that in a way. I suggest we start a new phrase to mark this type of love: I'll start a thread

• oldflame
    oldflame
    Since you're just reinstated they aren't going to let you do talks as you'll be on restrictions. As for Service, why don't ya let the ole codger take you on a few calls? He'll be happy that you're out and he has some company coz noone goes out with him accounting for his advanced halitosis, and you can count it as penance (even if you use noseplugs). You can also count time without saying a word. You can just ride around in someone else's car and drink coffee for an hour, before heading home

Terry,

I love ya brother but the idea just wants to make me puke !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit