Your Feelings On Getting Reinstated For Family Considerations

by minimus 102 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I agree with Mary. The very last thing ole Gumb*st*rd needs to do is to keep away from people who hold him in genuine regard and affection. But should he take that option, I'm sure we can keep Mary occupied

• jaredg
    jaredg

it's better to be hated for who you are then to be loved for who you are not.

• minimus
    minimus

Let me explain why I say he might not want to come here.....what if he "gets caught"? .....being here....with "apostates"??? What if he's reported by his family or friends for anything that he might voice or throw up over because he frequents apostate boards and can't help but show his dissapproval over what he KNOWS to be baloney? Most people have a hard time leading a double life and they tend to slip up once in a while. You know when you can't take it when someone spreads JW bullshit and everyone else is eating it up? How easy is it to frequent these boards and keep a straight face without rolling your eyes out of your head when you hear a deception being uttered from the platform? If anyone can lead this double life without having an effect upon them, I bow in reverence. Like I said, I know that I don't believe I could ever do it!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I know someone who did this some years ago, after a fade that went on through most of the 80s (from the frenzy) and up to about the mid 90s.

This was an ex-elder, and a person of great intelligence. His word to me was that he was just going back to the WT study so he could see all his friends - he got very lonely after he sold his auto repair shop (missing all the customers and friends that used to stop by).

The incredible thing was that he knew exactly what was wrong with the borg...all of it. But he was just stepping about halfway back in.

He is now gung-ho, going out in service, and has decided to shun me along with the rest of the hive.

This may not be what always happens, but it is a grim message of what can very well happen.

Danger, Will Robinson - Danger!!! Even a robot knew that much...

• minimus
    minimus

The only way to survive the cult is by insulating yourself. Just let them getcha.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

My heart goes out to Gumby. Reading this thread just now made my blood boil, how an intelligent man has been forced through manipulation and abuse to compromise his integrity for the sake of his family. The Watchtower will have these little victories along the way, let them crow if they wish. Gumby isn't stupid, and neither are the rest of us, we all know the long term prognosis for that shitty little cult.

Take care Gumballs.

• minimus
    minimus

Think about it: having Witnesses like Gumby isn't very good for the Watchtower.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Ever see one of those movies like Donnie Brascoe or The Departed where the undercover guy gets put into a situation where he has to kill somebody for the mob?

Wonder how the gummer is going to handle field service?

Whatever, we wish you well and understand your reasons.

• rowan
    rowan

I did it. HUGE emotional blackmail from my family. so tried doing it for six months, at first. The CO came to town and his speeches were so vomitive I swore I would never step into the kingdumb hall again. BTW, my family is thousands of miles away, and I was not allowed to go back home if I was not reinstated. A year later the pressure became unbearable. I was terribly homesick, and after receiving a letter from my father begging me to get back to the meetings and get reinstated "so at least he can die in piece" (sic), I started going again.

The first weeks were extremely hard as I payed attention to what was said, and it enraged me. I can understand Gumby not coming to the forum, in my case, coming here made me feel a renewed rage against the WT, so I opted to numb down. That's how I could pull it. If I managed to be an automaton three times a week and numb my mind... I even wore ear pugs. they worked at the book study only, though.

Going back was espiritual rape, and nobody should have to go through that, for nobody's sake. I did it, and I knew all the time that my family had no right to ask that from me. My parents are elderly, I love them, I wanted to see them again. I chose to do it because I love them and understand where they come from, after all, I was rised in that mindset. But I will never forget that their precius organization came before their child, and they never took a stand to back me up.

So, good luck to the ones that are trying. The revenge I took is that everybody and more that know me, know my story, and they'd never fall to the WT lie.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My sister did it for two years. Then stopped going after no more than a couple of weeks after reinstatement. It was all about the family.

Ultimately they DFed her a gain a couple of years later, as they were just itching for any excuse. In many ways it's a more difficult route than a simple (if there is such a thing) fade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit