Your Feelings On Getting Reinstated For Family Considerations

by minimus 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Clam said: Surely if we are being spied on then how on earth could Gumby be reinstated? They must know who he is, where his Cong is and what he's said about them in the past?

I don't think Gumby ever put on here where he lives or what his real name is. Without that info, it'd be pretty damn hard, if not impossible, for them to find out where he lives or who he is. Unless of course, they're dumb enough to actually be on the lookout for a guy fitting this description:

• Clam
    Clam

LOL Fair enough Mary. It's just that I remember in the distant past him putting a piccie of himself up on this site. Maybe I got that wrong. I'd assumed that if he'd put a piccie of himself up that he'd also at some stage in his countless posts given away his hometown or something. Like I say, I've probably got it wrong.

May the Gumbster prosper.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I have to say, Gumby and I have been best friends for 16 years. Him and I knocked on doors together. It was Gumby who started this ol brain to thinking about the WTBS and I left the org. I have been through all the terror he has endured and I have seen the pain brought on by his family. When he told me he was going to do it, it floored me, and it took a long time for me to understand even though I knew of the shunning as I would never go back for family.

But this is his choice and as my best friend I support his decision. He came by yesterday to say hello and he looked pretty good, fresh hair cut, I asked him if they told him to get the haircut and he said yeah they did. But he is getting to do things with the grandchildren and that makes him happy.

I am sure he will be stopping by from time to time, but like I said I would never go back for family but that is my choice and this is his. Please support him even though we all know of its faults.

OldFlame (Merrill)

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I support Gumster...happy to know he is happy and if pretending to be a JW gives him back in his life those things he loves, and he can do it...more power to him. God knows his heart. God knows his motives...God knows what a bunch of family destroying hacks run that cult hes infiltrating to get his family back.

He should however get an Oscar for this performance.

Im nominating him for "Best Actor in Convincing a Cult You Are a Believing Member"

• Mary
    Mary

Merrill, I'm really glad he's got you there. Unlike the Craptower which teaches conditional love and support, you're obviously a true Christian and a true friend.

"...There exist companions disposed to break one another to pieces, but there exists a friend sticking closer than a brother..." --- Prov. 18:24

• oldflame
    oldflame
    "...There exist companions disposed to break one another to pieces, but there exists a friend sticking closer than a brother..." --- Prov. 18:24

Yeah, next to your mate there is nothing better than best friends.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I got reinstated for my familys sake. It was a LONG time ago. I at first wasn't able to go back to the meetings because I had such hatred for the men standing on stage. I cried and asked aloud 'how can I do this? How can I go back and not shoot daggers from my eyes and cry at the meetings? A loud voice came into my head and said "FORGIVE'. I mentioned this to the elders during my reinstating meeting and of course they didn't care to hear something like that. Well I got reinstated with no privileges of course. (aww bummer - They probably saved me from wanting to tell it like it really is as one of my comments) I left Texas and moved to Montana and the odd thing is the elder told my parents that I am leaving in good standing. I haven't really been back since and haven't had any calls from elders.. i just faded away. For me it was a good thing at the time.. but if I had not done so and was contemplating doing it now.. now that I have eyes WIDE open to everything I believe that I wouldn't play the game and come back. Then again.. if its a dying wish of my mom or dad and they haven't been hateful or mean to me then I may reconsider. Its really a personal decision for each to take on themselves.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

One can only hope that the ORG will show itself in it's truest colors . IF all goes right Gumbastards family will be so impressed with how the WT "welcomes" the prodigal son back they will leave in droves. Gumby's a smart guy. I bet he has a plan. Firefox wont make paragraps sorry for the run on format ~Hill

• minimus
    minimus

Mary, does Gumby's family STILL consider him an apostate?? Do they think he will still contribute here??

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, does Gumby's family STILL consider him an apostate?? Do they think he will still contribute here?

I'm not sure what they think now, but he told them all in no uncertain terms when the idea of getting reinstated was first brought up: "..I'm an apostate. I hate this religion and I will never do anything like go out in Service or join the Ministry School again..." They knew he posted on here but I guess they uh, 'forgot' to tell the elders this. I think they're simply hoping that he'll reimbrace the religion and stop posting here and be a full fledged Dub again. Funny thing is, if the elders found out that they knew he was an apostate and didn't tell them, they would be in just as much trouble as what he would be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit