Have they denied this one yet?

by Fatfreek 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

If they even remember/ pay attention to it, they will say that the fulfillment DID occur in the 20th century--invisibly, in heaven--and that some later (present) JW event on earth is proof that the 'battle in the day of Jehovah' is well underway and moving toward its successful culmination.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Uh oh, looks like Winston Smith has neglected to correct this error at minitrue. Send him to room 101 for re-education.

• GoTan
    GoTan

i have the 2006 CD

Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom. The ancient "soil of Israel" pictures the realm in which Christendom has operated

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

When the WT uses the expression "in OUR time" wouldn't that refer to all current active Dubs?

Let's look at it logically: It occurs to me that I can't look at it logically because the term "in our time" is just too ambiguous.

It could refer to a time frame shared by all of the group (IE: all must continue living for it to be their time) or up until the last breath of the last member.

Oh well, I'm sure they will clarify it with new light within the next 50-60 years (and then change it) just like they did with the 1914 generation!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Moshe,

Well, don't you think that an invisible presence of Jesus requires an invisible battle of Armageddon?

• VM44
    VM44

"The Nations" book was released in the year 1971, the same year the Special Talk, "Who Will Conquer the World in the 1970's?" was being given throughout the country.

It has been said that some very specific statements about the imminent coming of THE END were made in that Special Talk. I would be surprised if the talk every does shows up again as an audio file, it would be too embarrassing for the Witnesses today to have anyone hear what was said back then. They could no longer say "We never said that!"

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

I have a question, perhaps it deserves a thread of its own, but....

Did Fred Franz ever get anything right?

--VM44

• avengers
    avengers

Even if they said it, they never said it.

That's the best logic I have ever heard. Wish they could teach me how to think that way. They can't though, because if they did really say it , and I bring it to their attention then I am the
    apostate and then they say they never said it.

Damn. I feel another headache coming on. Think I'll read another Watchtower. um no I mean I'll have a beer.

Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit