Have they denied this one yet?

by Fatfreek 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I think most JW's would say... "The battle against Christendom has begun"....because they really don't know what exactly that phrase actually means....ya know?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The quote that Fatfreek posted has been widely noted, but there are other similar statements in the book that have not yet been noticed:

*** kj chap. 13 p. 254 par. 44 Christendom’s Associates Turn upon Her! ***

More than seven hundred years of the passing of time and yet no change! And there is no change foreseen and foretold after the passing of more than eighteen centuries of time since then till now in our twentieth century; for Revelation, chapters seventeen and eighteen, forecasts the events of our present century.

This quote like the previous one implies that the destruction of Christendom will be an "event of our present century".

Another example of the same thing:

*** kj chap. 6 p. 113 par. 50 The Days of Christendom Are Numbered ***

What did the utter desolating of the land of Judah and Jerusalem back there accomplish? It cleared off all false religion from that God-given land. The land lay clean for the reestablishment of the pure religion there in Jehovah’s due time. (Ezekiel 2:9 to 3:2) Similarly down here in this twentieth century. If Christendom must go in the approaching "great tribulation," so must all the rest of false religion.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Didn't you notice the battle did start, but it is invisible.

This is what the elder told me as "proof" that the publications are correct.

• icocer
    icocer

I asked my JW coworker to print these pages out for me. Under what heading is this quote at? I am having trouble finding it.

• icocer
    icocer

Maybe they have changed it. My JW coworker has the latest CD. I dont know which one that is. Is there an 06. Well this is all I can find that might related to what was posted.

Aha! Here we have identified for us the "killer" into whose hand Jehovah would give the executioanl sword to carry forward visibly the "battle in the day of Jehovah" against Jerusalem. It is the king of Babylon. chap. 12 pp. 217

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

FatFreak..My point is,even if they put something in print.Down the road,they will deny ever saying it...OUTLAW

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Icocer: Under what heading is this quote at? I am having trouble finding it.

Before searching make sure pulldown menu is Phrase and other pulldown is Paragraph scope. In the search field put within our twentieth century . Hit Enter and Wait for the find.

Double click Books. Wait.

Double click 1971 'Know Jehovah'. Wait.

Double click 12. Voila.

Leolaia. Thanks for those other finds.

Terry. Great analytic synopsis, as always.

OUTLAW. You are right. Thanks for clarifying.

Fats.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    *** kj chap. 13 p. 254 par. 44 Christendom’s Associates Turn upon Her! ***

More than seven hundred years of the passing of time and yet no change! And there is no change foreseen and foretold after the passing of more than eighteen centuries of time since then till now in our twentieth century; for Revelation, chapters seventeen and eighteen, forecasts the events of our present century.

Well since this was printed in 1971 wouldn't that give them till 2071??

• anakolouthos
    anakolouthos

Great find Fatfreek! Bumped and bookmarked.

• VM44
    VM44

What do these statements involving the 20th century in "The Nations" book show?

Simply that Fred Franz did not know what he was talking about!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit